SSD Replacement

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by nighthawk, Aug 8, 2008.

1. nighthawk

nighthawk

Hi Guys,

Had my AA1 about 2 weeks, would really like to know how easy it is to replace the Stock SSD (as i think i have the Intel one but will check when at home).

Is the stock SSD soldered in or anything - i've read the hacks forum etc, but just looking for some info on how easy it is to replace this part before i pull my AA1 to bits.

Thinking of running Tiny XP (legally - stripping out my own legit version of XP) and probably Ubuntu, with PuppyLinux on a USB stick i carry around with me for emergencies if anything should screw up (got that working on hols).

I'm ordering some RAM to up the capacity to 1.5Gb and probably need to get hold of a 6 cell battery when/if i can.

Just need to know about what works for storage options.

Are there any freei nternal connectors for expanded storage, if so, what type.
    Just want to fit the fastest SSD (combined Read/Write) i can without breaking the bank and being a massive battery drain.

Also what is the maxiumum size of SSD the laptop chipset is capable of supporting at this time.

Cheers.

nighthawk, Aug 8, 2008
  2. nighthawk

glibdud

Look a little more closely at the Hacks and Modifications forum. Most of what you're asking is answered in great detail there, with the possible exception of the last question. And for that... as far as I know, the chipset doesn't care whether it's using an SSD or HDD, so I would imagine any size currently available is safe.

glibdud, Aug 8, 2008
Ask a Question