SSD Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T I would like to upgrade to 128 SSD. Can someone tell me the

Discussion in 'Storage' started by Roy Rogers, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Roy Rogers

Roy Rogers

Just purchased Acer Aspire R3 -131T
    (PENTIUM 3700 4GB Ram 500Hdd)
    I would like to upgrade to a 128 SSD
    Can someone tell me exactly what SSD I should buy & is this someomething that can just be swapped out, or is there more that needs to be done. I read somewhere that the drive has to be backed up. If so I would have to take it to someone one more technical than myself.
    Mainly interested in specific make and model of the 128 SSD I need to purchase.
    Thanks

Roy Rogers, Jan 27, 2016
  2. Roy Rogers

something back

It should be a simple process of removing the old hdd, and replacing it with
    the new ssd drive. Most laptop hard drives are 22 pin 2.5" hard drives

Some preparation will be required before removing it,but this will be quite simple.

Cloning your drive using a program called AOMEI PARTITION ASSISTANT
    this program has a migrate operating system to ssd function.

http://www.freewarefiles.com/search.php?query=AOMEI+PARTITION+ASSISTANT&B1.x=0&B1.y=0&boolean=exact

I would purchase a Usb to sata/ide 22 pin 2.5" hard drive hdd ssd Adapter Converter Cable these
    can be found on ebay.

This cable will allow you to connect your new ssd drive to your laptop (for cloning)

Scandisk do a good ssd drive

something back, Jan 27, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  3. Roy Rogers

Roy Rogers

Roy Rogers, Jan 27, 2016
  4. Roy Rogers

IBMPC8088

Once you have it backed up, you should be able to put just about any SSD drive you like in there as an upgrade to the current hard drive. Any PNY or Sandisk SSD drive would work well for you, and if you wanted to go larger you can with a crucial drive like this if you wanted 480GB or larger: There's another model close to this one from them that will let you have up to 960GB if you need it. Both are verified, tested, and working with the Acer Aspire R 11 R3-131T laptops, so you're good to go with any of them up to at least 1TB. The Sandisk and PNY drives of the same capacity should be just fine for you, too. So it's your choice.

[​IMG]
    Crucial BX200 480GB SATA 2.5" 7mm (with 9.5mm adapter) Internal SSD

IBMPC8088, Feb 4, 2016
Ask a Question