Sprint Sierra 595u broadband card

Discussion in 'Linux' started by kynnad, Sep 9, 2008.

1. kynnad

kynnad

How do I connect this piece of crap Linux system to my Sprint broadband card Sierra 595u ?

kynnad, Sep 9, 2008
  2. kynnad

paisa

One can curse, moan and complain trying to find and install drivers. Or one can wait for the much promised, soon to be released, support. Or one can go and buy a personal hotspot such as the Cradlepoint CTR-500 personal Wi-Fi hotspot that will work with the 595u and connect in a couple of minutes through your wireless card or using an ethernet cable and avoid all configuration issues. A simple choice. In my case, I needed to connect 3 Ones and it seemed a relatively painless way to do it as I would have needed a router anyway and using the CTR-500 I could share one 595u with the 3 Ones. While I was at it, I also bought an external antenna and amplifier for the 595u to greatly improve throughput and range. It all depends on your application. Best of luck.

paisa, Sep 9, 2008
  3. kynnad

paisa

paisa, Sep 10, 2008
Ask a Question