Specification : Upgrade Processor

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by SuperCool, Mar 10, 2016.

1. SuperCool

SuperCool

Hi Laptop Forum,

I want to upgrade my processor.
    Current Specification: Laptop model : HP DV6-1152TX Processor : Processor type - Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T6400 * 2.0 GHz, 2 MB L2 Cache, 800 MHz FSB BIOS version : F.25Operating System : Windows 8.1 pro 64 bit Manufacturer : Hewlett-Packard DirectX :DirectX 11
    With which processor I can replace my current processor. Is replacing motherboard and processor is better option?

Thanks,

SuperCool, Mar 10, 2016
  2. SuperCool

Personablue

Remember, on most laptop, the processor is inbuilt with the motherboard so its not possible to upgrade singly, you have to upgrade both of them. Also, remember, very few laptop's processor and motherboard can be upgraded. Mostly you can't, you have to ask the vendor.
    Ram, Hard drives, network cards, peripherals are easily up gradable though. So, at first confirm that your laptop has an up gradable path in regards to processor from HP customer service.

Personablue, Mar 11, 2016
  3. SuperCool

SirJoe

The best thing you can do is look at your owners manual and see what is compatible with you motherboard. Your computer isn't that recent if it has that CPU so it might be difficult for you to find the right CPU for your computer.

SirJoe, Mar 26, 2016
Ask a Question