Specific Software perfomance

Discussion in 'Windows' started by marce_245, Jul 31, 2009.

1. marce_245

marce_245

Hi all. I'm new here. I thinking very seriously about buying an Aspire One with windows XP, but I need help to make the final decision. I'm interested in running this applications primarly and I need someone who has tried them on the AAO. I have searched the forum but haven't find the answers I needed. So here it goes:

1_ Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004 (Century of Flight). I read that it plays at around 15 to 20 fps, but I need to know the settings (terrain mesh, autogen, ai traffic, lights, water effects, etc). I won't even dare to ask how it runs FSX, and fs2002 its too old. This is the most important game to run in this machine for me so any info would be alot of help.

2_Google Earth "5". I've been some research and from what I understand it runs smoothly only when the atmosphere effect is off, (or thats only for google earth 4 and GE5 doesn't even load?).

3_Google Maps Street View feature. I love using the panoramic street views feature from google maps (using the browser but this its also available within google earth) but haven't found any info regarding the AAO running this. Has anyone tried this?, How does it run?.

4_Orbiter Space Simulator. Another simulation game I'm interested, if anyone has installed it and played with it on the AAO please comment.

5_Google sketchup 7. Does it run well with complex 3d models? (for example the model of a house)

6_Skype, the high quality videochat feature. I think this is pushing it too hard but who knows :p

7_MSN Live Messenger Videocall. Video and sound at the same time, not videochat, how well does it work?, is the video fluid?, what is the quality like?, is the webcam capable of doing a videocall in 640x480 resolution? (would the AAO handle it for that matters?)

8_Microsoft Train Simulator. Yet another simulation game I like to play. Haven't found any comments about this game.

Well that's all I can think of right now, any help is really appreciated.

Thanks in advance

marce_245, Jul 31, 2009
  2. marce_245

mehboob

Im trying Orbiter Space Simulator it out. Will update if it works!

mehboob, Aug 23, 2009
Ask a Question