Speaker or Head/Earphones?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by hafiz93, Mar 20, 2016.

1. hafiz93

hafiz93

I have both speaker and an earphone for my laptop. Personally, I prefer to use speaker for my laptop and also for my desktop. I usually use my laptop for a very long time in a day, so I prefer my ears free from any buds. Unless if other people have already fallen asleep or if I wanna watch something a bit private, then I'll use my earphone. So which one do you prefer?

hafiz93, Mar 20, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  2. hafiz93

sparkster

I tend to prefer using earphones, as the sound quality is a lot better. I also use them a lot for music. The earphones that I use are specifically designed to get the sound and stereo effects that were intended when music was produced in the recording studio. Aside from that, I live in a shared house where the walls are ridiculously thin and you can hear every tiny little sound which drives me mad. Sometimes I'll use earphones to drown out the song or I'll use them so that everyone else doesn't have to listen to my own noise. Not very convenient but I don't have a choice at the moment.

sparkster, Mar 20, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  3. hafiz93

CasualGoofy

I never got a speaker for laptop. The laptop was meant for me to use it on the go. Therefore I had no intention of using speakers with it. Besides, I don't think neighboring people would appreciate me sharing whatever I'm listening on laptop. Plus, I may have better focus when I have earphones on than speakers.

CasualGoofy, Mar 21, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  4. hafiz93

c3300

I prefer to use the speakers. If I'm using earphones and forget they are in, jumping up to get a coffee can be a painful experience. I also like being able to hear the world around me a bit more with speakers.

If I'm on the train or in public I'll turn the speakers off or use headphones. Its not fair to share what I am listening to with everyone else.

c3300, Mar 21, 2016
    IBMPC8088 likes this.
  5. hafiz93

IBMPC8088

I used to use headphones a lot, but anymore I just use external speakers. I no longer have to have people send me weird emails or texts because I didn't hear the phone ring when they called me. That, and missing an important package delivery from FedEx or UPS while listening to music isn't something you want to happen often.

IBMPC8088, Mar 22, 2016
    hafiz93 likes this.
  6. hafiz93

IcyBC

I just use the speakers on my laptop since I don't really want to put anything in my ears! I am usually alone so speakers work out fantastic for me as I am not interrupting anyone. When there are people around, I occasionally use earphones if I can't wait for later.

IcyBC, Mar 22, 2016
  7. hafiz93

Sefie

Speakers most of the time, even when I am watching videos on YouTube. I'm not a big fan of having loud sounds right in my ears, that is why I prefer speakers, unless I'm using a language course. In that case (when I truly need to pay attention) I use them :)

Sefie, Mar 22, 2016
  8. hafiz93

spence88

I use both, and I switch between them depending on what the siuation requires. I do the same thing you have been doing. I have a cheap but really good 2.1 speakers. I also have a few good headphones to choose with, each with a unique feature than the others.

I can't really choose which one I prefer more given the option to, because they are two completely different things. They are like apples and oranges. They have their own strengths and witnesses.

spence88, Mar 25, 2016
  9. hafiz93

obliviousme

I prefer the earphones when I'm watching movies but when I'm in the mood to just chill and wants some music playing in the background, i'll go for the speakers. When i'm working on something that needs my undivided attention, i prefer some quiet so no earphones or speakers for me.

obliviousme, May 8, 2016
  10. hafiz93

Lisa Davis

I love earphones, particularly to tune out the world around me, but I don't want to spend much on them. That is where it becomes a problem. I have various sets of earbuds, which all come with different sizes of ear pieces, but none will stay in my ears. My mom thinks it is possibly the shape of my ears. So, as a result, I need a set with an over the head piece, which I also don't always care for because it has a tendency to mess up my hair. Any suggestions?

Lisa Davis, May 18, 2016
  11. hafiz93

acerme2

I hardly use headphones/earphones/speaker when I'm working. I only put them on to listen to or watch online lecture videos which only lasts for 1 to 2 hours. I have a USB speaker just in case I want to share a video with family or friends, but I'll typically use the headphone to block out external sounds when I have to listen to a lecture.

acerme2, Aug 18, 2016
  12. hafiz93

Corzhens

I don't think a speaker is appropriate for a laptop unless you are using it at home. I have several speakers here as gifts from friends (during Christmas where we exchange gifts) but I still have to use them. Our home desktop has big speakers because of the Sound Blaster software that comes with those speakers. And for my laptop, I am not fond of music but if ever, I would be using the headset or the earphone and never the speaker unless, as I said, I am using my laptop at home.

Corzhens, Aug 18, 2016
  13. hafiz93

rz3300

There is something about having headphones that really appeals to me, which just make me think that it is merely a matter of personal choice. There are times when I like the speakers though, and I do have a nice little bluetooth set here, but often times the headphones are what I reach for. They are better at getting me pumped up, which is usually what I need the music for. Thanks for sharing.

rz3300, Aug 18, 2016
  14. hafiz93

SirJoe

I mostly use earphones, it drowns out the noise around me. I think that once you get used to them it's not the same listening to things through a speaker, but in tearms of ear health speakers are still better for you.

SirJoe, Aug 21, 2016
  15. hafiz93

Elektron

When it comes to audio devices I personally prefer using headphones because I feel more comfortable, I currently live with my parents and my sister and it's really uncomfortable to be listening to my stuff whenever they are around my room, I just do not like sharing my private stuff, however, I use the speakers when I want to listen to some music whilst lying on my bed having a good time thinking about life.

Elektron, Aug 22, 2016
  16. hafiz93

janemariesayed

The speakers on my laptop sound a bit tinny so I often use headphones when there is something that I want to listen to. I frequently listen to binaural beats on youtube, and they often have the best effect if headphones are worn as they have a different beat in the left ear to what beat is played in the right. I can also lay on my bed and listen to something while I am sleeping which is really handy.

janemariesayed, Sep 8, 2016
  17. hafiz93

Humphrey247

It usually depends on what I'm doing. When I'm watching a movie, I just use the speakers since missing a few words here and there isn't a big deal. However, I used to transcribe audio files and a pair of good headphones made it a whole lot easier since the sound quality was better. It would get irritating after wearing them for hours on end though. In short, you would want to consider the type of activity and the amount of time you'll be doing it.

Humphrey247, Sep 10, 2016
  18. hafiz93

djtech

Well, I am a quite kind of guy. I don't like to be disturbed and so I don't like to disturb anyone either. I use headphones or earphones mainly for that reason. But also, because the quality of sound simply improves when you put on the overhead headphones. Since I like to game a lot, I need a high quality of input right in my ears to perform well on the games. Finally, privacy is always a concern. I never want anyone to know what I am watching or listening to. Everyone has different tastes in content anyways.

djtech, Sep 10, 2016
Ask a Question