Spare Power Cable and AC Adapter

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by icarusfall, Nov 11, 2008.

1. icarusfall

icarusfall

Hello! I'm in the UK, and I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on getting a spare power cord and AC adapter. I'm using my AA1 while commuting to work, and I'd like to be able to charge it both at work and at home.

I found this site:
    http://www.acerspareparts.co.uk/power-a ... r-c-1.html

Which seems to offer three adapters, but I can't find any note of what power the adapter is on my AA1. Does anyone know? Does anyone know if it's possible to get a cheaper one as well? £30 seems just about OK, but £50 seems a bit steep.

icarusfall, Nov 11, 2008
  2. icarusfall

Grim Squeaker

The input and output voltage/amperage should be mentioned on your adaptor itself..

Mine says:
    Input: 100-240 V~, 50-60Hz, 1.0 A
    Output: 19 V, 1.58A

Grim Squeaker, Nov 11, 2008
  3. icarusfall

icarusfall

So by implication the wattage is around 1.58A x 19V = 30W? Sounds plausible. That doesn't seem to be one of the options in the list above, but maybe there is somewhere else I can get it.

I'll try calling the Acer UK office, and see if I get any answers. If I do, I'll post it here in case anyone else finds it helpful.

icarusfall, Nov 12, 2008
  4. icarusfall

Nibble

Nibble, Nov 12, 2008
Ask a Question