Source for ALL PARTS used in the One

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ridestp, Sep 22, 2008.

1. ridestp

chadster

no not Kevin. someone whos working for Acer

chadster, Oct 17, 2008
  2. ridestp

HaTaX

Please let us know your outcomes with the 3 cell 4400mah packs, I'm looking at getting one as the 6 cell is not an attractive option for me. I wouldn't say that it's impossible that they build one of these, I've seen cells online that advertise 2400mah on a 18650 cell. These are high quality cells of course and I'd guess they hold at least 2000mah, if they hold even that much it'd be possible to build a 6000mah pack with only 3 cells.

Let us know what you find! I've got an order with source it waiting to be placed once we get confirmation on the 4400mah packs!

HaTaX, Oct 18, 2008
  3. ridestp

kghunt

There is a chap selling third party 4400mha batteries on ebay. They look like they poke out a little but not nearly as much as the 6 cell. Has anyone bought or seen one of these bad boys?

The battery life of the one is the only thing that is stopping me buying the one over the dell mini. (and the fact that ssd upgrades are already available for the mini. Although it looks like my digital discount will have ssd's for the one soon)

kghunt, Oct 18, 2008
  4. ridestp

Balut

For those interested in purchasing the 4800 or 4400 mAh 3-cell batteries... they don't exist. There was an error in the service manual, which unfortunately led to some orders from Kevin that resulted in 2400 or 2200 mAh battery deliveries (mine included). For those who ordered, you should have gotten an email from Kevin explaining the return process thru Acer. For those holding-out to order until there was confirmation of a high-capacity 3-cell, sorry to disappoint. Oh well. I feel bad for Kevin as this has taken much of his time trying to resolve. Guess I'll have to settle for the 6-cell.

Balut, Oct 20, 2008
  5. ridestp

chadster

i was going to post what happened but i guess you beat me to it..

chadster, Oct 20, 2008
  6. ridestp

Balut

I've got nothing better to do, sitting in my hotel room on the computer :ugeek:

Balut, Oct 20, 2008
  7. ridestp

Guest Guest

I got the email from Kevin. I am holding onto two 2400mAh batteries. I just want to send it back, so I can get my money back.

Guest, Oct 20, 2008
  8. ridestp

HaTaX

Hmm, looks like it was a good thing I held back on ordering one of the 4400 or 4800mah packs! Now I wonder if someone will produce a cheap aftermarket alternative that I can take apart and stuff higher capacity cells into?

Hopefully so, I'd rather not buy a $65 battery just to gut the cells from it. Perhaps I'll just try it with my stock battery and see where I can get. Worse comes to worse I buy a new 3 cell after a failed project. :D

HaTaX, Oct 21, 2008
  9. ridestp

chadster

guys, i'm returning both batteries they sent me by mistake and I will wait for the 6cell battery to come out next month.. this is a bummer!

chadster, Oct 23, 2008
  10. ridestp

Brian10161

I just placed an order for the white 4400mah 3 cell. Hope it gets here soon and it's the right one :)

Brian10161, Oct 24, 2008
  11. ridestp

paisa

Does anyone know of a source for feet. I don't want to have to buy a whole cover just to get new feet.

paisa, Oct 24, 2008
  12. ridestp

chadster

there's no such thing as a 4400mah 3 cell. there's a 4400 6cell on ebay

chadster, Oct 24, 2008
  13. ridestp

Brian10161

Kevin emailed me, and let me know. He said I could get the 6 cell (which I already have) and the 3 cell, which I ordered. Hopefully should be here soon :)

Anyone got any ideas as to shipping time?

Brian10161, Oct 25, 2008
  14. ridestp

adrianaitken

Brian - is the 3 cell a 4400maH ?

adrianaitken, Oct 27, 2008
  15. ridestp

chadster

there is no such thing as 4400mah 3cell. i'm one of the guy who waited for a 4400mah 3cell.

chadster, Oct 27, 2008
  16. ridestp

ridestp

DON"T ORDER THE 4400 mAh or 4800 mAh 3 CELL BATTERIES!! Acer screwed up (not sourceits.com) and there is no such thing!! It isn't chemically possible right now!

ridestp, Oct 27, 2008
  17. ridestp

Guest Guest

Hello, I'm new to these forums. I'm waiting for my AA1 to arrive soon.

Ok...*sigh*. Glad that's over.

Speaking of chemically impossible, do all the AA1 models have the same battery? (OK, yeah, that was a little lame). Or should I ask, Can all the AA1 models use any of the 3 cell and 6 cell batteries being sold for AA1's?

Guest, Oct 28, 2008
  18. ridestp

Brian10161

Battery was delivered today. It is the 2200mah, as previously said they don't make a 4400mah battery.

I don't see why they cannot make a 2600mah battery though, half of the 5200 6 cell. Anyway, the battery seems to be working good. And 2 days shipping, cannot complain with that at all. Overall, I'm extremely happy :)

Brian10161, Oct 30, 2008
  19. ridestp

Source IT

Re: Source for ALL PARTS used in the One GOOD NEWS !!

HI All,
    Kevin from Source IT here !! I just wanted to share some good news regarding the 6 Cell battery back order with you. As of today the Black batteries are back in stock and beginning to ship, which means all those who have orders in with me for these batteries will be receiving your Black 6-cell this week.

The white batteries, although the backorder was supposed to be less then the black, will not be coming off back order until the 7th of the month and I am told that they will be shipping give or take 3 days from that date.

All of you that were waiting to purchase 6-cell's until the backorder was over, I would recommend getting your orders in NOW, to insure you can take advantage of the batteries while they remain in stock as I'm sure they will go on back order again.

One more quick little tid-bit of info, thanks to all of the support Source IT has been receiving through Aspireoneuser.com and all of it's members we have decided to launch a new, easier to navigate site with a more user friendly interface. This Site will include much more then the 30 parts that we currently have listed, so far we have grown the database to over 2000 parts and climbing, our Extended warranty programs are listed, and we have a new refurbished Consumer electronics section which should prove to be of great value for those who are looking to spend a little less but get the same name brand stuff.

Launch date is scheduled for Thursday Nov. 9th, please visit http://www.sourceitstore.com on or after that date and check it out !!

I look forward to hearing from you all..

Thanks Again

-Kevin-

Source IT, Nov 3, 2008
  20. ridestp

hmmwv

Kevin, I just previewed the site, looks good so far.
    Can you tell me whether the Acer brand 6 cell 5200mAh White battery available?

hmmwv, Nov 3, 2008
Ask a Question