Source for ALL PARTS used in the One

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ridestp, Sep 22, 2008.

1. ridestp

berkshires

I'm also holding off ordering from Sourceits until I hear what happened with Balut. Maybe we all need to wait a month or two until other dealers start appearing with AAO parts and supplies.

berkshires, Oct 8, 2008
  2. ridestp

PGH_One_User

Black, Brown and Pink Plastics?

I'm looking for a replacement middle cover for my One. SourceIT is only stocking the white and blue covers. Any news from SourceIT or other suppliers on the other color covers? I can imagine they would be very popular.

PGH_One_User, Oct 9, 2008
  3. ridestp

ridestp

I am pretty sure that the problem with the 4800mAh 3 cell is Acer's fault, not Source ITs. It is listed as 3 cell 4800mAh on the service manual, so I bet the error is throughout Acer's system. SourceIT had no way to know about the error.

ridestp, Oct 9, 2008
  4. ridestp

goofball

I've only ordered once but the product came directly from Acer in TX so I don't put the blame on SourceITS. I'm a happy customer and have looked into ordering other parts as well (like the 4800mah battery) but I'm curious to see the size of it.

goofball, Oct 9, 2008
  5. ridestp

Balut

Nope. I was sent the 2400 mAh battery. Kevin at SourceIt was able to confirm with Acer that the 4800 mAh 3-cell battery was an incorrect nomenclature, which Acer has since corrected in their documentation. They told Kevin that the 4400 mAh 3-cell does exist and they are express shipping it to me tomorrow. I should have it by Friday. As with other posters here, I do not place any fault with Kevin. He was simply going off what was listed as available in the Acer Service Manual. For anyone considering the 4400 mAh 3-cell, I'd recommend waiting until I get mine and report back on size and battery life.

Balut, Oct 9, 2008
  6. ridestp

onlineaddy

Keep us posted, Balut.

onlineaddy, Oct 9, 2008
  7. ridestp

hmmwv

Thanks Balut for the update. I emailed Kevin last week asking about the 4800mAh because it doesn't sound right, and he indicated that he was simply passing on information supplied by Acer, so it's not Kevin's fault in anyway. Who'd think a reputable manufacturer can't even get specs right on the manual. Anyway, I'm just wondering whether the 4400mAh 3-cell is actually a 3-cell, or in fact a 6-cell according to NaNo.

hmmwv, Oct 9, 2008
  8. ridestp

Cyradis

I just wanted to say that Kevin at SourceIT was great about giving me a prompt refund on my battery order. (I need the battery for a long trip before they'll be back in stock at SourceIT.) The communication was clear the whole way through. I would def. consider ordering through them again.

Cyradis, Oct 10, 2008
  9. ridestp

Balut

Just wanted to let you all know that I am still waiting for the 4400 mAh battery to be delivered. Kevin didn't get the shipment tracking info from Acer, so I don't know yet if it has been shipped. Hopefully, I'll get it tomorrow, as I am leaving on a long trip Monday...

Balut, Oct 10, 2008
  10. ridestp

chadster

I guess our batteries will be ship at the same time. I received the 2400 today and I will ship it back to Acer

chadster, Oct 11, 2008
  11. ridestp

Balut

No battery today. Unfortunately it's the weekend, so no new info from Kevin. Last communication from him indicated he was still waiting to hear from Acer on the replacement battery shipments. Oh well, guess I'll have to wait another week and a half (going on a long trip). Sorry to those waiting for word on the 4400 mAh battery...

Balut, Oct 12, 2008
  12. ridestp

chadster

I just got an email from Acer Texas. they said that they just receive the 4400mah battery today and they will shipping it in a day or two. I guess all of us who bought the 4400mah will have to wait until the end of this week to test it.

chadster, Oct 14, 2008
  13. ridestp

rbil

All I can say about Acer is that they are a bunch of doorknobs. It's amazing that they can even tie their shoelaces.

Cheers.

rbil, Oct 15, 2008
  14. ridestp

Balut

Got an email from Kevin this morning. Battery replacements should ship express from Acer by Friday :)

Balut, Oct 15, 2008
  15. ridestp

chadster

I received my package today and its another 2200mah. the print out was correct 4400mah but the battery was wrong. I have to wait again :( This Blows!

chadster, Oct 16, 2008
  16. ridestp

ddlooping

Sorry to hear that, chadster, trully terrible service from Acer Texas. :(

ddlooping, Oct 16, 2008
  17. ridestp

chadster

tell me about it.. Just to make this clear. Source IT has nothing to do with this. I'm very satisfied of Kevin's customer service. I will still do business with them. I just hop this will never happen again in my future transaction with them.

chadster, Oct 16, 2008
  18. ridestp

Balut

Sadly, I kind of expected this after the 4800/2400 mAh battery fiasco, even though Kevin said they assured him there was indeed a 4400 mAh 3-cell. Interesting how the 4400 and 4800 are both double the 2200 and 2400 batteries. Perhaps what Acer had planned when they wrote the service manual was a 6-cell variant of the 2200 and 2400. Regardless, I expect to receive the same 2200 battery when I get home next week. This has been a major pain and had I known, I may have originally ordered the $95 6-cell instead before they went out of stock. Guess I'll email Kevin next week when I confirm the battery shipment error. So much for my fantasy of a 4400/4800 3-cell... :cry:

Balut, Oct 17, 2008
  19. ridestp

chadster

I'm in contact with the ACER rep regarding the issue. i will update you guys on this.

chadster, Oct 17, 2008
  20. ridestp

ridestp

By rep do you mean Kevin, or someone actually working for Acer?

ridestp, Oct 17, 2008
Ask a Question