Source for ALL PARTS used in the One

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by ridestp, Sep 22, 2008.

1. ridestp

Guest Guest

Darn, I ordered the 4800MAH battery several days ago. I hope it isn't a scam.

Guest, Oct 4, 2008
  2. ridestp

Balut

It's not a scam. I have spoken to Kevin and he is working to determine what happened at the shipment point (Acer Service Center in Texas). His service is top-notch and I appologize for any concerns I've generated about his business. :oops:

Balut, Oct 4, 2008
  3. ridestp

Balut

Deleted

Deleted

Balut, Oct 4, 2008
  4. ridestp

ridestp

That means that there is a typo throughout the Acer system, as it is listed as 4800mah 3 cell in the technical service manual. That is a real bummer! :(

ridestp, Oct 4, 2008
  5. ridestp

rbil

I've ordered one also, but the order won't go in until Monday. If you find anything out about that battery, please do let us know. Hopefully the other fellow was shipped the wrong battery and a 4800 mah one that is 3cell does exist. Sure would be nice.

Cheers.

rbil, Oct 4, 2008
  6. ridestp

Balut

Deleted

Deleted

Balut, Oct 4, 2008
  7. ridestp

shuut

hi man, can you update us on the battery life? much appreciated.

shuut, Oct 5, 2008
  8. ridestp

pdiddy

well i read the first page of this post and ordered a 6 cell from sourceIT.
    then i read the last page in this post and i may be confused but....
    i got mine 6 cell for 95ish USD +shipping. It's here, been using it for a week.

Perfect. i get about 4hours+ of heavy surfing.
    Doesn't seem to lose much on standby.
    Is actually a little slimmer than i had pictured.
    Couldn't be happier.

Hope your type gets corrected. I've been doing the deep reading the possible power of each internal cell and i don't think a 3cell (of today's tech) will likely give nearly 4800mah.

pdiddy, Oct 5, 2008
  9. ridestp

Source IT

Hi All,
    Kevin From Source IT here !!
    I would like everyone to please know that I take my business very seriously and I am not interested in delivering poor service or making anyone feel uncomfortable while doing business with us. We are a small company but due to recent spike in web activity (thanks to all of you) we have put out quite a bit of money to have our site professionally re-designed for your convenience.

Balut, I would like to sincerely apologize for your mis-shipment, please be rest assured that I will correct the problem first thing Monday morning when I get back into the office. Of the 80+ batteries i have sold and shipped over the past 2 weeks, this is the only mis-shipment we have had. I will issue you a waybill and once I see that the shipment is in transit i will send you out the correct battery via express shipping.

I hope that Balut's unfortunate and RARE issue does not effect how Source IT is perceived on this or any other internet forum. Your business is very important to us !!

If anyone has any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me via the contact section on our website (http://www.sourceits.com)

Source IT, Oct 6, 2008
  10. ridestp

Balut

I am confident this was an error at the Acer Service Center and not reflective of the service from SourceIt. Thanks Kevin for the prompt attention to this matter and I do appologize for any concerns I may have raised from your current or future customers. I think the service you are providing for us A1 owners is fantastic.

Balut, Oct 6, 2008
  11. ridestp

Source IT

Hi All,
    Kevin From Source IT here !!
    I would like everyone to please know that I take my business very seriously and I am not interested in delivering poor service or making anyone feel uncomfortable while doing business with us. We are a small company but due to recent spike in web activity (thanks to all of you) we have put out quite a bit of money to have our site professionally re-designed for your convenience.

Balut, I would like to sincerely apologize for your mis-shipment, please be rest assured that I will correct the problem first thing Monday morning when I get back into the office. Of the 80+ batteries i have sold and shipped over the past 2 weeks, this is the only mis-shipment we have had. I will issue you a waybill and once I see that the shipment is in transit i will send you out the correct battery via express shipping.

I hope that Balut's unfortunate and RARE issue does not effect how Source IT is perceived on this or any other internet forum. Your business is very important to us !!

If anyone has any other questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me via the contact section on our website (http://www.sourceits.com)

Source IT, Oct 6, 2008
  12. ridestp

Balut

Deleted

Deleted

Balut, Oct 6, 2008
  13. ridestp

jaydoghall

I have the Blue Aspire One and am interrested in the 6 cell battery. I notice that the white battery is considerably cheaper.

1) I'm assuming the dimensions of the parts are identical but can someone validate that the white battery will fit in the buile AAO?

2) How ugly does the blue AAO look with the white battery. I doubt it could be ugly enough to justify the extra 60 bucks but wondered if anyone had any pictures of the blue AAO with the white battery sticking out.

Thanks!

jaydoghall, Oct 6, 2008
  14. ridestp

stilagrrl

Hi jaydoghall,

This battery:

Samsung Li-Ion Battery 6-Cell 52Mhz BT.00607.042

is the black version of this battery:

6 Cell Li Ion Battery (WHITE) BT.00607.044

They're both $95.00 at SourceIT. Like you, I have the blue AA1 and I purchased the black 6-cell battery, above, for mine. With WiFi enabled, I get over 5 hours with it.

stilagrrl, Oct 7, 2008
  15. ridestp

hmmwv

hmmwv, Oct 7, 2008
  16. ridestp

ridestp

It doesn't look like that is an Acer OEM part, but a Chinese knock off kind of thing. There are a lot of bad stories about using those kind of batteries on the eeeuser.com forums(can't boot with the battery in, bad life times.) But Kevin can give a final answer on if they'll be carried.

ridestp, Oct 7, 2008
  17. ridestp

ddlooping

ddlooping, Oct 7, 2008
  18. ridestp

Has anybody received the actual 4800 maH version yet? I'd really like to know if it's larger than the standard 3-cell and what kind of runtime people are getting on it before I decide between it or the 6-cell.

karma, Oct 8, 2008
  19. ridestp

ddlooping

ddlooping, Oct 8, 2008
  20. ridestp

chadster

did any of you guys received an actual 4800mah from source it??? They were telling me that 4800mah doesn't exist and only 2400mah and 4400mah?? originally I ordered a 6Cell since it was out of stock I went for the 3 Cell 4800mah. now I received an email from source it they said they sent me a 2400mah?? I"m extremeley frustrated about this situation.

**UPDATE** Kevin from Source IT emailed me today and he will Express Package a 4400mah to me. I hope this issue get resolved ASAP for their future customers. I will still order from them but I hope in my next transaction this will never happen again

Balut: did you receive an actual 4800mah???

chadster, Oct 8, 2008
Ask a Question