Sound stutter problem worse

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by bkinney71, Sep 19, 2009.

1. bkinney71

bkinney71

I have an acer aspire one 9" laptop that does not have a CD/DVD drive. The sound is stuttering and skipping and making it impossible to listen to the MP3's I have on my computer. I have tried literally EVERYTHING that has been recommended. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver. I tried manually setting it to DMA from PIO. I tried editing the registry. I've done everything that I can think to do and the problem has only gotten worse. Can anybody help me out with this? :eek:

bkinney71, Sep 19, 2009
  2. bkinney71

ejbantz

Is the mp3 saved on the hard drive, an SD card, on the network, or some where else?

Does it play smoothly using WinAMP? In other words, what mp3 player are you using?

Is it only the sound from the MP3 that is poor? If you play a youtube video is the sound fine?

ejbantz, Sep 21, 2009
  3. bkinney71

sailoryue

ive had this problem too!

1 my music is on my hard drive
    2 i get a BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH when played in Windows Media player, and in winAMP one song totally iced my computer ecxept the playback. then when the playback finished it bluescreeend

after this it took 10 minutes for it to boot normally.

the error report mentions that the video or audio drivers are outdated or curopted. (invalid page rror kernel32.dll)

is there a fix?

sailoryue, Sep 27, 2009
Ask a Question