Sound problems with XP SP3?

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by tomc, Sep 11, 2008.

1. tomc

tomc

For anyone who's sound card does not seem to install, I spent a few hours trying to get mine working and this is what I found. I used nlite and added SP3 to my installation. There is a problem with SP3 and the universal bus. There is a hotfix that you need to download from Microsoft that fixes the problem, however you have to register. If you don't want to go through the hassle, you can download the file here ... http://geekswithblogs.net/lorint/archiv ... 81540.aspx
    The link to the file is just under the picture. This worked for me. Symptons are "no sound" funnily enough, and if you go into Device Manager, you will see an unknown PCI device. I also posted some info on upgrading the RAM (which is a lot less painful, keeps the warranty and in my opinion is definately worth it) under the video of the RAM upgrade which is worth reading if you are planning to do it. Anyway, everything finally works, after 2 days. Have my dream baby, upgraded from 512mb to 1.5gb and running a cut down version of windows and only using about 100 - 200 mb RAM. Have fun :cool:

tomc, Sep 11, 2008
Ask a Question