Sound NOT WORKING after ram upgrade

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by jyacer, Oct 15, 2009.

1. jyacer

jyacer

I upgraded my windows xp to 7 and it worked fine. I then bought a new 512 ram memory. Once i installed it the sound stopped working. The driver is said to be installed properly. The headphones dont work either. I think its the connection with the speakers but I'm not sure. Everything else works perfectly fine. Anyone have any idea what it could be. Any help would be appreciated.

jyacer, Oct 15, 2009
  2. jyacer

batteryoung

looking the soud system in the controlling section to make sure whether it is setted well.

batteryoung, Oct 19, 2009
  3. jyacer

jyacer

the controlling center? Is that the board with the two usbs, sd reader, microphone jack? I believe it is on there pretty good but I'm not too sure about how well it needs to be seated. Thanks for the help hope you can solve this matter

jyacer, Oct 19, 2009
  4. jyacer

sdelliott31

Make sure your daughter board is connected correctly. Also, if I remember I had a problem with my sound and then realized that my wire that connected to the sound board wasn't "snapped" or seated in enough.

sdelliott31, Oct 20, 2009
  5. jyacer

jyacer

i checked the connections they all seem to be in properly. The funny thing is the smaller board with the USBs and microphone jack and card reader ALL work except for the headphone jack. I hear absolutely nothing. Hope that information helps with this. Thanks again for support

jyacer, Oct 20, 2009
Ask a Question