Sound from the internet

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by LisaKirsty, Jan 10, 2009.

1. LisaKirsty

LisaKirsty

Hey there.

I was just about to post a comment asking for help with a sound problem. I could listen to music from my media player on the AA1, but when I tried to listen to a youtube video, there was no sound. Anyhow, I looked around on this forum and couldn't find an answer, when my fingers slipped and I accidentally hit the Function and F8 button. It came up with the sound "unmuted" picture (the speaker and two sound lines without the "no entry" sign in the corner), which was odd because it should've came up with the same picture but with the "no entry" sign, because I was listening to Hallelujah at the time. I checked the youtube video again, and it worked again, and I can now listen to the piano accompaniment "On My Own" from Les Mis.

I know I've solved my own problem, but I'm wondering if this means that when on the Internet browser and you press Function + F8, it only mutes the internet? I'm assuming it does. Here's my question anyway: Is there a way to merge both mute controls into one, so I can mute the entire device, or does it have to be done both ways? I know this is frivolous at best, but it's just one of those things that will niggle at the back of my head until I get annoyed with it.

Thanks,

LisaKirsty, Jan 10, 2009
  2. LisaKirsty

Huw

I would suggest in the first instance that it's just a glitch. The mute (i.e. fn+f8) works as intended for me. Try muting it again and see if you can get any sound out of it at all. I've noticed that the mute and trackpad toggle functions can be slightly glitchy on occasion.

Huw, Jan 11, 2009
Ask a Question