SOS! The system is not fully installed. Please run setup...

Discussion in 'Windows' started by DamnShaneIsThatU, Jun 2, 2009.

1. DamnShaneIsThatU

DamnShaneIsThatU

So, I received my REFURBed Acer AOA150-1635 Atom N270 1.6/1/160/8.9/XPH NB RB today. Super stoked.

Put in the battery, started it up. Got to the setup screen then died about 30 sec. in. Figured, "oh, the battery isn't charged." Plugged it in, let it do its thing. Tried it again. Got it to the Windows setup screen, dies.

Okay, fishy. So I hopped online to see if anyone else was having this issue. Found out that it's something to do with the heatsink/fan. So went thru the whole thing, disassembled it, double-checked all connections, focusing on the fan. Put it back together. And now it stays on.

Only problem now is when that it's almost finished booting, I get the error, "The system is not fully installed. Please run setup again."

Can anyone help on this issue? Thanks in advance!

DamnShaneIsThatU, Jun 2, 2009
  2. DamnShaneIsThatU

Tamrac

Do a system recovery.... obviously the OS has been corrupted when it's doing something and suddenly getting shut off.... Search the forum, there are lots of info on how to do this. goodluck.

Tamrac, Jun 3, 2009
  3. DamnShaneIsThatU

DamnShaneIsThatU

Thanks! Luckily, I found out yesterday about the eRecovery. It did in fact restore Windows completely without having to reinstall from a USB thumb drive. Pretty stoked about that.

DamnShaneIsThatU, Jun 3, 2009
Ask a Question