Sophos anti virus software

Discussion in 'Linux' started by AngusDe, Jan 23, 2009.

1. AngusDe

AngusDe

All,

My employer has a licence that allows staff to have Sophos on their home PCs, I've got it on the 3 Windows PCs in the house, but I was wondering if folk have any experience of using it in Limpus/Linux, on the AAO ? I realise many folk would rate the risk as near non existant.

Although I can see the attractions of Linux, it has been a steep learning curve for me, and I still haven't ruled out putting XP on the AAO, but for now I'm persevering with it despite running the recovery thing again last night to get it back to its original state, lol.

One thing I am won over by is firefox over IE...

Cheers,

Angus

AngusDe, Jan 23, 2009
  2. AngusDe

daldred

Sophos does support Linux with a specific version - you'd need to check that your employer's licence cover the Linux version as well as the Windows one. I haven't used any antivirus aimed at Linux itself on any machine - I do have ClamAV running on a server to protect Windows machines attached to it, but that's a different story!

daldred, Jan 23, 2009
Ask a Question