Sony Vaio Battery

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by c201254, Aug 29, 2016.

1. c201254

c201254

Did anyone else besides me purchase a Sony Vaio in 2011 and have the battery die within months? I had bought it at a Microcenter, and they said as a commodity item it was not under warranty. I can't afford new hardware and have lived all these years with a laptop that can't really be used as a laptop. My model is VPCEB4HGX. A friend had the opposite problem--her Vaio had gotten wet, so the laptop was no good, but the battery was still in good shape. So we tried that, and because it was a different model, the battery was just different enough that it didn't fit.

c201254, Aug 29, 2016
  2. c201254

Corzhens

Sometimes when the vendor would explicitly say about a short warranty period, much more if there is no warranty, that's already a caveat for the buyer. I'm not blaming you for it can happen to anyone. If I were you, I would go to a computer shop and have the battery tested or have the laptop tested for a new battery. Now we are seeing one issue when you buy a used computer, much more a 5-year old laptop. I hope you get it fixed with a new battery.

Corzhens, Aug 30, 2016
  3. c201254

c201254

I'm the only owner of the laptop. I have never liked this laptop, it is really heavy. I'd like to get one of those hybrid laptop/tablets someday. Not going to replace battery. Fan also runs a lot and SpeedFan shows it is too hot, so I anticipate it's not going to last much longer.

c201254, Aug 30, 2016
  4. c201254

Elektron

Well, I personally think that the fact your Laptop's battery did not last for too long is not just because the brand sucks or anything like that, it could be because several factors that you definitely have to take into account when blaming your PC or the device manufacturer. There are many things you can analyze in order to get to the problem's answer. I absolutely believe that your battery ran out of life because of the use you gave it it and that sort of thing, or perhaps you're right about the product, but that's something we cannot tell, good luck.

Elektron, Aug 30, 2016
Ask a Question