Some problems with windows 10, and personal settings

Discussion in 'Windows' started by something back, Feb 16, 2016.

1. something back

something back

something back, Feb 16, 2016
  2. something back

Sefie

Not cool at all what they are doing :( I'm so glad I didn't install this, it's so shady what they are doing! Replacing something as basic as your PDF reader or photo viewer :/ Not cool at all!

Sefie, Feb 16, 2016
    hades_leae likes this.
  3. something back

IcyBC

That doesn't sound good at all. This weekend, I mentioned this to two brainy (scientist and physicist) brother-in-laws about Window 10 spying and problems, they said they are ok with it since we are being spied on all the time.

IcyBC, Feb 18, 2016
  4. something back

Sefie

Spot on, @IcyBC and it looks that they are getting more and more daring and open about it as time passes by. Very soon they might actually admit it to us very openly ;)

Sefie, Feb 18, 2016
  5. something back

Corzhens

My laptop is running on Windows 7 although there are plans in the office of upgrading it to Windows 10. My husband is going to buy a laptop soon and his worry is the Windows 10 that is bundled with the new laptop. He is using a desktop that runs on Windows XP and obviously he will be have a problem in adapting to Windows 10.

Corzhens, Feb 19, 2016
  6. something back

acerme2

I am so glad I didn't allow myself to be bullied by Microsoft when it imposed a July 29 deadline for Windows 10 upgrade. About two months ago, I had a bad taste of Microsoft's invasive system when I needed to download a copy of minesweeper for an online event. Before I can do that, however, I had to open a Microsoft account. I had thought then that it was just a simple account but to my horror, my laptop's settings were changed and I can only log on to my laptop using that Microsoft account. My old user account was gone. I read that I can delete the Microsoft account but I must first set up a new administrator account. I tried that but I found that I cannot access some programs that were installed in my Microsoft Account and I may have to reinstall them again. It has turned out to be such a bothersome affair.

acerme2, Jul 31, 2016
  7. something back

hades_leae

I didn't want to do the upgrade...when I did I didn't like it. I knew I wasn't going to like it but I got tired of being bugged by notifications every time I turned my computer on, or was surfing the internet. They changes so many settings, many defaults that I didn't want, I had to go change the,

The W10 settings are ugly as usual and not so easy to filter threw. I guess they do that so you'll get tired of looking for whatever you want to change. I miss the old user interface.

hades_leae, Jul 31, 2016
Ask a Question