some pages on internet explorer

Discussion in 'Windows' started by riverwhiskey, Jan 11, 2009.

1. riverwhiskey

riverwhiskey

Hi, i am new here and a new aspire one user. with that said.
    I am having aproblem in Internet explorer where some web sites, just a few, one being the driver download site from Acer and another being my home town newspaper, will not load. when this happens internet explorer will not respond further and the only way out is Task Manager, End Task.

Most sites respond normally, just a few do not. unfortunately the ones that do not are the most important to me. I am using a new aspire one and experienced the same issue on an aspire one recently purchased for my grandson. both were being connected to the internet via a netgear wireless router. other computers(3 of them) connected the same do not display this annoying issue.

any ideas?

riverwhiskey, Jan 11, 2009
  2. riverwhiskey

riverwhiskey

Update - I downloaded and installed FireFox and the issue does not seem to effect FireFox. I am still interested in a solution to the Interrnet Explorer problem though, as i might have other issues.

Let me know what you think?

3. riverwhiskey

jeremysdad

Are you using IE 7, or IE8? 8 is a beta release, and while it has some neat features, it can glitch like you described.

jeremysdad, Jan 11, 2009
  4. riverwhiskey

riverwhiskey

Thank you, yes I am using IE 8. I will reinstall 7 and take a look.

5. riverwhiskey

riverwhiskey

Thank you jeremysdad, that did resolve the problem.

6. riverwhiskey

jeremysdad

That's what we're here for. This is a Utopian Internet forum, after all...LOL...

Seriously, though, you're welcome. IE8 is almost a disease at this stage of it's life. I get no such foolishness from Google's Chrome, also in beta form. IDK, I'm glad it solved your problem, though...

jeremysdad, Jan 13, 2009
Ask a Question