Some keys not working

Discussion in 'Laptop Hardware' started by jodfoster, May 23, 2010.

1. jodfoster

jodfoster

Having trouble with some of my keys, namely the one after O and before Q. It started working again a short bit ago but now ceased to. My numbers four six and eight keys also quit now as well. The delete key also won't work. Is this something where I need a new keyboard? Only started a few days ago. Has anyone else encountered this issue before? I can go the route of a keyboard changeout but would like to know if there might be another way. I just flashed the most recent BIOS today too with the thought it could fix it, but alas it did not.

Thanks.

These keys work:

123579-
    qwertyuio[]\
    asdfghjkl;'
    zxcvbnm,./

jodfoster, May 23, 2010
  2. jodfoster

Forone

Over a year ago, I fixed the keyboard (and on/off) button after a wine spill without any disassemble using electrical contact spray - pure solvent (no lubricant) with a little tube on the spray nozzle. Still working, knock on wood. Was about $12 the can, at an electronics shop. Spray the keys and allow it time to evaporate.

Forone, May 24, 2010
  3. jodfoster

missing keys

Can you let me know if it worked for you?

The EXACT same keys don't work on my keyboard...

missing keys, Oct 20, 2010
  4. jodfoster

missing keys

I tried cleaning the contacts and everything, but then decided to just buy a new keyboard on ebay for $20.

I just finished installing the new keyboard (the whole process took under 4 minutes) and now it's working perfectly. The o, p, 4, 6, 8, and 0 keys are working (as you can see).

Victory is mine! and it only cost me $20.

missing keys, Nov 12, 2010
Ask a Question