SOME BODY HELP ME PLZZZZZZZZZZZ IAM BEGGING FOR HELP...

Discussion in 'Windows' started by mohammedhosen, Jan 23, 2010.

1. mohammedhosen

mohammedhosen

hello guyz ...
    ihave Acer Aspire one KAV10 intel atom 1.6ghz 1gb RAM 150 gb hd , & running on windows xp home edition sp 3....
    iam working on it for about 4 months now....but suddenly before 2 days from now it started to hang-down & run heavily...
    and showed BLUE SCREEN FULL OF CODES AND WORD, followed by , REBOOT...but wen it reboots...it doesnt continue healthly...
    i thought it is a virus....and i tried to restore it first , by the e-recovery discs...THE RESULT WAS FAILURE..( IT TOLD ME THERE IS AN (I/O) ERROR AND SOMETHINGS LIKE THAT !!!!)....
    so i decided to re-format it ( also by the recovery discss ) which SUCCEDED "TEMPORARLY"..(and ive lost ALL my important documents )...
    after doing a "disck -check up"it showed no errors or bad clusters ...BUT IT COULDNT START AT ALL AFTER THAT "EVEN FROM SAFE MODE !!!!!!!!".......:( :( :(
    the bad news iam NOT currently in the same country where ibought it..and idont know if the warrany will cover this...
    SOME BODY HELP ME PLZZZZZZZZZZZ IAM BEGGING FOR HELP.....THNX...

mohammedhosen, Jan 23, 2010
  2. mohammedhosen

Forone

You've already done so many things: Try the eRecovery process from the beginning again. If you have an XP CD-ROM and know your XP product key, you can set BIOS to boot the machine from an optical drive, and follow installation steps. If you have erased the eRecovery partition on the hard drive and have no CD-ROM, you probably have to call Acer and find out what they can do for you, under warranty or otherwise, or take it to a local repair shop.

The original problem might have been a hardware problem, which is preventing installation, in which case Acer should be responsible if it is still under warranty. I hope you have backups for your documents somewhere else. Good luck.

Forone, Jan 23, 2010
  3. mohammedhosen

mohammedhosen

THNX ALOT FOR ANSWERING ME...
    ive just returned from a local computer mall..(not acer )...
    they ve told me that it might be a RAM , HDD or SOFTWARE problem...!!!
    and they decided to open it ( to clean the RAM !!!) (WHICH WILL NOT BREAK THE WARANTY AS THEY SAID)...the result was ...NOTHING WRONG IN THE RAM !!!
    so..they asked me to REFORMAT it ...and try to put WINDOWS 7 ....BUT I DID NOT AGREE !!!...because i was afraid to break the waranty..so i decided to go to ACER...BUT LOCAL ACER SPONSOR IN MY COUNTRY "EGYPT"DO NOT APPLY INTERNATIONAL WARANTY POLICY...so ihave to send it back to the original place where ive bought it....
    so..how can i differentiate between a (WINDOWS PROBLEM)...&...(HDD PROBLEM)?????
    & DO ACER GIVE A WARANTY ON HDD FAILURES OR CRACKS ??? & WILL THEY FIX IT OR REPLACE IT BY A NEW HDD ???

SOOOO MUCH HAPPY FOR ANSWERING ME AGAIN....

mohammedhosen, Jan 23, 2010
  4. mohammedhosen

ecmasonjr

My first step would be to test the hard drive. I have an external hard drive case, they're readily available and a good investment. I'd put the suspect hard drive in the case and connect it via USB to another computer. This would allow me to verify whether the hard drive worked at all and if it did work, I'd then transfer my data to a safe place. If it doesn't work, then of course you've got your answer.

If the hard drive worked and your data is safe, it's then a question of a bad Windows installation or a hardware problem in your Acer. My next step would be to format the drive from the second computer and run a disk scan to check it for errors. After that I'd re-install it in your Acer and try the re-install again.

It's also possible to check the hardware by downloading a live version of the Linux distro of your choice and burning it to a CD and booting from an external CD drive. If the Acer boots and runs off the live CD, I'd suspect your Windows installation was the problem.

I know I'm talking about using some external equipment, but in my opinion there's not really any way to narrow things down just using the Acer alone.

ecmasonjr, Jan 23, 2010
  5. mohammedhosen

Forone

If you bought with a warranty and it is still in force, I think you should talk to Acer warranty support on the phone.

I registered my computer on the internet at the Acer site - you can still do that from some other computer using the information from the sticker on the bottom of your Acer machine - the one time I delt with Acer support the "SNID" number told the support technician everything about that machine. Generally, if there is any hardware problem that is causing the malfunction, it will be covered, as long as you did not mistreat the machine by dropping it, etc. You probably have to mail the computer to Acer.

As the advice above says, it's worth trying to reformat the hard drive and reinstall Windows before mailing to Acer, if you have access to it, but if not try Acer. The company can supply you with CD-ROM for XP and also help you check if there is some hardware problem - some people seem to get them for nothing and others pay for them. Obviously it complicates things that you didn't buy the machine in your home country, but if you paid for a warranty you should be able to get the service.

Forone, Jan 23, 2010
  6. mohammedhosen

excessum

your better off getting another computer no offence. I had the same exact problem and sent acer the computer to their repair shop in Texas for a grand total of $60.00. They sent it back 3 and a half weeks later and it got the same problem and had to send it back. I've had to do a system restore 3 times since then and have contacted them about a wireless card issue. I've been working on computer's since windows 98 came out and took a corses to become a computer technicain. I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS MANY PROBLEM IN SUCH A SMALL AMOUNT OF TIME ON THE SAME COMPUTER. Anyway don't open it up that void your warrenty even if a store says it dosen't. They must carry a specail repair licence from acer to perform warrenty repairs. Curently my built in wireless removes itself from my system randomly and I mean the card shuts down and dissappears from device manager. The light is still lit the program says excellent connection but nobody's home.

excessum, Feb 3, 2010
  7. mohammedhosen

mohammedhosen

thanx ALOOOOOT EVERY BODY.......YOU ALL WERE VERY HELPFUL
    i went to my local acer department..and yes ... it can be recovered back under the still-active warranty...
    and...guess what???? YES...ive recovered a new hardware under the warranty..
    BUT...NO O.S. IN THE MACHINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WELL.......guys..iam thinking about UBUNTO REMIX ....(since in the past ive tried fedora core before .... and it was nice)
    what do you think ????????
    iam just a little worried....because when i tried to launch ubunto from the LIVE-MODE...it worked realy well...BUT ...couldnt access the internet ALTHOUGH the wireless card was identified....is this a normal finding in the live-mode ???? i mean...is it normal to be UNABLE to access internet in the live-mode ????

THNX ALOT ONCE MORE
    :)

mohammedhosen, Feb 3, 2010
  8. mohammedhosen

Forone

I'm glad you worked it out. I don't understand how Acer could provide a machine without an operating sytem. I have no experience with Linux. One thing to be careful about is your existing work: you mention important documents up above.

Make sure that any OS you install will support applications you need to make use of your documents. For example, some of my important documents are Microsoft Excel spreadsheets, with macros and pivot tables that I could never import into another spreadsheet program - so I am "married" to Windows (or possibly OSX) to run Excel.

Forone, Feb 3, 2010
Ask a Question