Software Update causing problems

Discussion in 'Linux' started by kms52, Dec 8, 2008.

1. kms52

kms52

Not sure if anyone can help me, but I am very new to Linpus and the Aspire One and need some help.

I recently ran the package updater and most of the updates that were available installed and disappeared off the list. A few remain on there but they won't install due to dependency problems.

However, since the updates installed, I have lost the ability to access the sd cards from the desktop and the computer will not automatically connect to my router. It used to connect fine on startup but now I keep getting asked for the key which I then enter and it'll connect fine. I have entered the key into the configuration utility and it seems to save, but if I reboot, it'll prompt for the password again.

The shut down option on the desktop no longer works either.

The package updater seems to have screwed up part of my system. All was fine before. I believe that the package updater may have installed generic Fedora software that has overwritten the dedicated Linpus/Aspire One software causing these problems.

Stupid question: Can you roll back Linpus to an earlier state? If I can remove these updates it may sort me out.

I know the system came with DVD that I believe will restore it to factory condition, but then I will lose everything I have installed since buying it.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

kms52, Dec 8, 2008
Ask a Question