Software suggestions need

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by dragonlizard, Feb 14, 2009.

1. dragonlizard

dragonlizard

I have a new acer aspire one coming and since this is my first netbook, I would appreciate any suggestions of software that others have used on the o1 acer one. Browsers, office suites, utility software etc. Any suggestions would help. Thank you!! :D

dragonlizard, Feb 14, 2009
  2. dragonlizard

goofball

what software are you using now on regular computers?
    These aren't that much different than a regular computer, except they are portable and a bit slower than most desktops (depending).
    I use pretty close to the same on my Asus 1000HA as I did on my Acer Aspire One as I do on my Acer 5570 laptop and my C2D desktop. Only things I don't really run are photoshop CS4 and any games.

goofball, Feb 14, 2009
  3. dragonlizard

dragonlizard

Well I have used a variety of office suites, open office, but that is not my fav freebie, I have been using softmaker 2006 office on my laptop off and on. I have tried a few browsers, firefox, luna5, google chrome (not real thrilled with that), opera. I guess I just looking for some low memory usage software for the new aspire and I am a big believer in open source and freeware. :)

dragonlizard, Feb 14, 2009
  4. dragonlizard

ArbitrageMan

I think the real question is what software should you take off the notebook. I got mine today and I had to spend the first few hours cleaning all the bloat-ware off of it.

Following that i went to portableapps.com and put on a lot of what they have there.

ArbitrageMan, Feb 17, 2009
Ask a Question