Soft paint on Touchpad and Palm rest?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by PGH_One_User, Sep 4, 2008.

1. PGH_One_User

PGH_One_User

I've been using my One (blue) for less that a month and have already noticed glossing of the finish on both my palm rest and touchpad. The touchpad just looks greasy in center most used area. I've tried cleaning with mild soap but the gloss is in fact in the finish. It's is a little distracting for me because after I clean my One it's the only part that still looks dirty.

Has anyone else notice this? I think I'm going to buff the palm rest and touchpad so that the finish matches.

PGH_One_User, Sep 4, 2008
  2. PGH_One_User

zaphod

Yes, my touchpad looks "greasy" too. I think it gives the machine a nice used look ;)

zaphod, Sep 4, 2008
  3. PGH_One_User

Kalison

I have had my 150 since Friday of Laborday weekend, an its already going grease lightning on me.

At this rate I think I will be looking at flat black by October :(

Kalison, Sep 5, 2008
  4. PGH_One_User

morrislee

I realized this issue after one day of use, I cut my own little black padding for the touchpad to protect it.

you can see it in my video review - http://youtube.com/theikandy

find the aspire one review

morrislee, Sep 5, 2008
  5. PGH_One_User

PGH_One_User

I was able to buff the palm rest and touchpad to a nice gloss using a fingernail shiner and buffer. Everything is nice and shinny now. I only used the shining surface. The buffing surface will possibly remove paint. It was easy very easy to do. I had to peel the pad off the plastic block and I polished in one direction trying not to stand in one place too long.

[​IMG]

PGH_One_User, Sep 7, 2008
  6. PGH_One_User

SWAT Reaper

You could always install a piece of Palm Pilot screen protector over the touchpad. That way it could be replaced as required, but it should stay glossy longer.
    As for the palm rest, my laptop has a nice black area on the right where my hand rests (it should be metallic grey). It doesn't make it work less well and I think it just makes it look more distinguished! LOL :lol: The only option you have is to get the type of clear plastic, that you can get to protect car paintwork from stone chips. Try car accessory shops or companies that tint car windows. This plastic is harder than conventional vinyl and has a full gloss finish. :)

SWAT Reaper, Sep 7, 2008
Ask a Question