So far so good...

Discussion in 'Windows' started by MiniM3, Aug 10, 2008.

1. MiniM3

MiniM3

Well, last couple of days have been good so far. Sold my eeePC 701 and bought the AA1 because the screen was bigger and better. The designer was also much nicer and the dual SD card slots was a nice idea. Picked up an external DVD drive, plugged it in, installed Windows XP SP/3 without a hitch, drivers wasn't really a problem, had some issues with the Card Reader driver but resolved now. Installed all my apps including Photoshop CS2 and a must have for me was the SpeedSwitchXP which helps regular the cpu speed (used on my HP laptop w/AMD Turion processor, works nicely).

Everything seems to be running great, only annoyance I have with the Acer is the mic beside the webcam, it's doesn't pick up sound very well at all, I have the recording level up high and boost on and still won't pick up much sound via MSN, no biggie. The other one is that I find that access folders in explorer or sometimes just using menus, there's a delay like it's accessing the SSD, this is only intermittent, but enough to annoy. Other then that, this is a great little pc and beautiful screen, for the price you can't beat it unless you pay twice as much for the HP Mini.

Why did Acer make this unit so hard to upgrade the memory, it says it's upgradeable but you have to take the whole thing apart to put in the simm. A nice back door panel would of been great, eeePC had that feature and wonder why Acer didn't do the same. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't of costed that much more. Oh well, can't win em all.

MiniM3, Aug 10, 2008
Ask a Question