Snow leopard Extenal Monitor issue.

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by scottw67, Oct 10, 2009.

1. scottw67

scottw67

Odd one this ...

AOA150 running a fully working 10.6.1 Snow Leopard.

Tried connecting to an extenal monitor everything was working fine. So i was playing with the option re aranging my windows task bar etc when selected mirror display ... i know now bad idea.... Both screens goes crazy.
    After a bit of messing around i was able to get the screens back ... I managed to change the screen rotation from standard.
    I thought cool now i can turn mirroring off and setup my displays again.

But ... as soon as i set rotation back to standard the screen goes crazy again.
    Any other rotation works fine.

Anybody go a solution?

thanks in advance

Scott

scottw67, Oct 10, 2009
  2. scottw67

jeffers

I have a similar problem - clicked mirror displays and both screens went nuts and had all weird colours on them. Managed to get it out of mirrored mode with some software (http://www.fabiancanas.com/Projects/MirrorDisplays/).

Is there any way of getting mirrored displays working on the AOA150 with Snow Leopard?

jeffers, Oct 14, 2009
  3. scottw67

scottw67

tried both versions of the software from that link.
    they didn't seem to have any effect :0(

When i did manage to rotate the screen I unchecked the mirror display option but it still had no effect.

Is there any way of completely removing all the display drivers so i can reinstall them from scratch?

cheers

scott

scottw67, Oct 14, 2009
  4. scottw67

jeffers

To get that software to work, plug in your external monitor and get the screen to do its funky colour thing. Then run the app from spotlight - alt+space, type mirror, enter - thats what worked for me.

Jeff

jeffers, Oct 15, 2009
  5. scottw67

scottw67

hi

ok ... i managed to sort the corrupttion out. I Just rebooted with -x and i was able to detect & arrange tmy displays.

I now have another problem. Occationally while booting the netbook will reset when trying to initialise the screens.
    Sometimes it will boot ok, other times it will reboot itself.

when it does boot ok the external more functions correctly.

anyone got any ideas abot the reboot?

cheers

scott

scottw67, Oct 17, 2009
  6. scottw67

lavrishevo

What solved the issue for me was installing the older mirror friendly graphics driver from NetbookInstaller 0.8.3 RC3 Now mirror is working great to the projector.

lavrishevo, Nov 3, 2009
  7. scottw67

azz2811

That worked very well for me! thanks a ton!

azz2811, Nov 18, 2009
  8. scottw67

chuckcalo

Does External Monitor work with the SL ? This is the only thing stoping me from installing Snow Leopard on my machine I wanna know if I will be able to use an external monitor to use at university with a projector.

chuckcalo, Nov 18, 2009
  9. scottw67

lavrishevo

Yes,but for me I needed to use the older mirror friendly driver in netbook installer. The updated driver was only working as an extended monitor.

lavrishevo, Nov 19, 2009
  10. scottw67

osxtothez

One caveat for me at least with the older gma950 drivers is that you lose Quartz Extreme which is required by various apps. but it did allow for the mirror display to work. If anyone has both working I'd like to hear your method.

osxtothez, Feb 15, 2010
Ask a Question