Sneaky malware allows online poker players to peek at your cards

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sefie, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Sefie

Sefie

If you like to play poker online in sites like: PokerStars and Full Tilt Poker, then you will want to read this. It looks like there is a new malware that allows the other users to take a peek at your cards, so yes, that might be the reason you haven't been so lucky lately!

It appears most users get infected without knowing it, this malware is able to take a peek at your cards and send the screenshot to the original ''cheater''. Then he or she joins the right table.

More details here: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2984...line-poker-players-to-peek-at-your-cards.html

Sefie, Sep 18, 2015
    Diane Lane likes this.
  2. Sefie

Diane Lane

That's really good to know. So, in addition to the odds being in favor of the house, now there's another worry. It seems scheming scammers will come up with a way to ruin everything.

Diane Lane, Sep 18, 2015
  3. Sefie

Sefie

I know, @Diane Lane :( It sucks! I'd not be worried if the house it self was to be involved in some way. Nowadays that kind of thing wouldn't surprise me either, sadly. This is what we have come to :( It's sad, but true. I'm just so glad I don't play poker online.

Sefie, Sep 20, 2015
  4. Sefie

IcyBC

I know some people who played poker online, and I never understand the game or why they would waste their money doing it! I know everyone needs to find a way to unwind, but loosing money doesn't seem to be a good method at all :)

I will alert those that I know playing poker online, and thanks for the information!

IcyBC, Sep 22, 2015
  5. Sefie

Sefie

@IcyBC I'm glad you found this useful! Yes, warn them as soon as you can, they need to be careful with the things they download online. And yes, I have never understood why people would want to risk their hard earned money on something like this. My dad was a gambler, he was addicted to it, that is what drove him away from us.

Sefie, Sep 23, 2015
Ask a Question