Snapped the "Caps Lock" key| Oh snap! need advice.

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by judeh101, Jan 31, 2009.

1. judeh101

judeh101

I called Acer saying that when I was typing, the caps lock key snapped, actually snapped. Asking if they could send me a new keyboard, and they said they can't send it to me, but I can send my aao to them and get it repaired, but that's stupid, I need my aao everyday, anybody have suggestions to convince them that I could somehow get a new keyboard? (remember, I am a technician)
    One of the plastic tabs holding the key snapped off, that's why I can't put it back together. :shock:
    any suggestions are greatly accepted :lol:

judeh101, Jan 31, 2009
  2. judeh101

Tamrac

There's no way they will send you a keyboard. You'd rather just get one online if you really can't let go of your AAO. Every computer company on earth will tell you to send your unit back for any repair needed to be done. You should know that being a technician... ;)

Tamrac, Jan 31, 2009
  3. judeh101

heckufaguy

Not really true. Bought my wife a gateway laptop a year or so ago. We began having intermittent problems with the G key. Tech support made me jump through some software attempts to fix it (Eyeroll) and after satisfying their urge, they just shipped out a new keyboard with replacement instructions. It took all of 5 minutes and worked great.
    That being said, the gateway was a lot more user serviceable than the Acer is.

heckufaguy, Jan 31, 2009
  4. judeh101

goofball

use glue.

goofball, Jan 31, 2009
  5. judeh101

judeh101

First of all, thanks for everyone's advice!
    Nice advice for using glue, but that part has to be loose in order for me to type properly, and sorry I didn't mention that I was missing the broken piece, so I can't really fix that.
    Me being a technician, I got free new battery from them and replaced my old one, which is now 75% wear for some odd reason.
    I wouldn't want to spend money on something that's still under warranty :lol:
    I am gonna phone them and see what they have to say about it again.

judeh101, Jan 31, 2009
Ask a Question