Slow write speed with SSD.

Discussion in 'Storage' started by jeri534, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jeri534

jeri534

Just got my AO721 today along with a Kingston SSDNow V SSD 64gb, installed a fresh copy of windows, everything went smoothly and ran a SSD benchmark and found the write speeds to be atrociously slow...any ideas? Ive ran some SSD tweaks already before that test.
    [​IMG]

jeri534, Aug 4, 2010
  2. jeri534

Swarvey Moderator

it's an SSD, it's natively slow. There is a program out called FlashFire, it essentially uses your system RAM as a cache for the SSD to enable higher speed, well, sort of.

Also, please use the search function, this has been covered before. Check this thread. The AO751 was crippled with a low transfer rate for both HDD's and SSD's, chances are that all models have the same problem, I haven't tested my D250's read/write speeds, but it fulfils its intended purpose. As I said in that thread, these machines weren't built for speed, they were built for internet surfing.

Topic Locked.

Swarvey, Aug 4, 2010
Ask a Question