Sleeve for D150

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by jimcpl, Jun 29, 2009.

1. jimcpl

jimcpl

Hi,

Has anyone found a sleeve that fits the D150? I've seen many sleeves, but the 6-cell makes the fit too tight or impossible.

Thanks,
    Jim

jimcpl, Jun 29, 2009
  2. jimcpl

libssd

I picked up an REI E-Wrap Computer Sleeve from a clearance table last winter. If you're near an REI store, it might be worth checking to see if they have any left. Each size is a different color; the smallest 6 months ago was brown/black. External dimensions are 11.5 x 8.5 x 1.5, and a D150 with 6-cell battery fits easily. Unfortunately, the smallest sleeve REI currently offers is somewhat larger: http://www.rei.com/product/763391 However the bigger sleeve, which is 2" longer, should have have room for the power supply and cord.

I really like this sleeve because it has carrying handles on two edges, opens on two edges, and has firm, but resiliant padding, with rather stiff foam raised dots on the inner lining.

libssd, Jun 30, 2009
  3. jimcpl

jimcpl

libssd,

We have an REI locally, and I might try stopping by, but if you got yours last winter, I doubt that they still have that.

In the meantime, I'm using an 'extra small' sleeve from Case PC, but it's a little large for the D150, so if anyone has any other suggestions, please post.

Thanks,
    Jim

jimcpl, Jul 1, 2009
  4. jimcpl

jimcpl

Hi libssd,

Well, we stopped by the local REI this evening, and they didn't have any of the 'extra small' E-wraps :(..

They did have the "small" ones, and I must say, it was a nice bag, but too large for the D150, and I already have that CasePC sleeve which is also a little large, so it was a no-go for me :(...

So, I'm still looking...

Jim

jimcpl, Jul 2, 2009
  5. jimcpl

Fresh50

Fresh50, Jul 17, 2009
  6. jimcpl

Cisco KId

Cisco KId, Jul 23, 2009
  7. jimcpl

Fresh50

Nope, no handles which was what I was looking for, I can throw it into my backpack or other bag which holds all my accessories. If I don't need the accessories it nice to leave the bag behind and take the aao and slip case. I've been using it for about 10 days now and I'm very happy. I only wish I went to Wal-Mart for the same sleeve in all black for $17.

Fresh50, Jul 25, 2009
  8. jimcpl

abaldwin360

abaldwin360, Jul 26, 2009
Ask a Question