Sleep Mode?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by tigerpilot, Aug 31, 2008.

1. tigerpilot

tigerpilot

Hi Folks:
    Brand new user. Aspire One w/Linux 8GB,Wireless Network. No problems connecting when I first turn the unit on. When I'm done, I finish by telling the Aspire to go into the "Sleep" mode. What is the correct way to start using the Aspire the next time. I open the cover and have to push the silver button on the upper right When the machine starts up, it won't connect to my wireless network. I have to completely shut it down and restart. Hopefully I'm doing something wrong.
    Thanks for your help.
    Don

tigerpilot, Aug 31, 2008
  2. tigerpilot

retsaw

I think that is just a bug with NetworkManager, try switching the wireless off and on with the little switch by the wifi LED.

retsaw, Aug 31, 2008
  3. tigerpilot

Cesium

had the same problem- but it's a very easy fix

right click on your network icon in the task bar on the bottom right. Make sure your wireless option is clicked in the "auto connection Priority" box. Then click "automatic connection" located just below it. Should reconnect to the network once it wakes up. Easy as that.

Cesium, Sep 1, 2008
Ask a Question