Skype Keeps Loading And Shows I'm Offline?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by OursIsTheFury, Apr 29, 2016.

1. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury

This might not be the right place to pots this question, but I may as well give it a shot. My skype keeps showing the "loading" sign in place of the "status" whether you are online, away, do not disturb, etc. What can I do to fix this? I tried reinstalling it, I tried checking the internet connection, I tried restarting. All fine, but it still intermittently goes from online to loading every few minutes. What do I do now?

OursIsTheFury, Apr 29, 2016
  2. OursIsTheFury

Sefie

Are you sure you are not experimenting some sort of internet issue? What you described happens to me sometimes, even if there is no sign the internet is not working well. It happens sometimes. I believe is some sort of bug, but thankfully it doesn't happen so often.

Sefie, Apr 29, 2016
  3. OursIsTheFury

Sm0key

Try re-installing it. I've had this happen to me before and a simple restart of my computer after killing the app's process (ctrl+alt+del > Task Manager -> Processes -> Skype *32 -> End Process) and restarting my system, it fixed the issue for me. You can try doing that.

Sm0key, Apr 30, 2016
  4. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury

I've tried reinstalling it, I've tried resetting the system, BUT I have never tried closing it on task manager AND THEN restarting the PC without opening it again. Thank you for the tip, hopefully that's the answer I have been looking for all these months. The last resort would have to be reformatting the entire system, but I don't think I'm there yet.

OursIsTheFury, Apr 30, 2016
    Sm0key likes this.
  5. OursIsTheFury

Sm0key

If it only occurs in Skype, I doubt there is a reason to reformat your entire system tbh. I feel like ending all skype processes through task manager would fix your problem to be honest. Let me know how it turns out. :)

Sm0key, Apr 30, 2016
  6. OursIsTheFury

IcyBC

I only have Skype on my tablet, but rarely use it. I am thinking of removing it to save storage space. When I have it on my phone, that darn thing keeps popping up and interfere with what I am doing, so I took it off. I am a fan of Skype but my son uses it when he is oversea so to keep in touch, I installed it.

IcyBC, Apr 30, 2016
  7. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury

Well, Skype still keeps disconnecting for some reason. Your tip didn't help, sadly. But I found out that there's a beta Skype for your web browser, so I'm just using it at the moment, and closed the desktop Skype permanently. I guess I'll have to settle with the beta browser Skype for now. Thanks for trying though :)

OursIsTheFury, May 1, 2016
  8. OursIsTheFury

Sm0key

Ah that's a shame. :( Sorry my tip didn't solve your issue. I had the same exact problem in the past and that's fixed it for me so that's quite strange that it didn't work for you. Have you tried going back to an older version of skype before this started?

Sm0key, May 2, 2016
  9. OursIsTheFury

OursIsTheFury

I finally found a solution, though I really don't know the technical issue with it. I played a game. Apparently starting up the game, then quitting afterwards resolved the issue somehow. It hasn't been offline since. Any chance you could explain how that happened? :D

OursIsTheFury, May 6, 2016
  10. OursIsTheFury

Sm0key

No idea man, could be a conflict with your microphone? I dunno. What game was it? Did it use your mic automatically for in-game chat?

Sm0key, May 11, 2016
  11. OursIsTheFury

obliviousme

Sounds like there's just some settings on Skype you need to adjust. Or you might try to do a clean uninstall of the program and install it again, that might work.

obliviousme, Jun 9, 2016
Ask a Question