sky email through AAO email

Discussion in 'Networking' started by cabunny, Jan 9, 2009.

1. cabunny

cabunny

Hi
    I wondered if anyone has set up the email on your AAO to read a sky email account? I had this set up fine but had to do a system restore and now cant get my sky email account set up again! I can't work out what I am doing wrong... followed instructions at http://www.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/s ... Id=3297910
    using imap

any idea what I might be doing wrong? really grateful for any advice!!

thanks
    cabunny :?

cabunny, Jan 9, 2009
  2. cabunny

acharris77

Hi, I have set up the sky account on the standard aspire one mail package and it is working on both imap and pop3. Have you made sure that after you have clicked on use SSL, you have switched it back from 25 to 465, as it changes the value. Also make sure that you tick use authenication as the sky servers require it.

Also make sure that username is your full sky address including the @sky.com after the username. Other than that, try deleting the account and see if you can re-create it with settings again. Hope this helps.

Anthony

acharris77, Jan 9, 2009
  3. cabunny

cabunny

thanks for your reply - yes, I have done all those to no avail. but i will keep trying! It is probably something really stupid I am doing, so I will recheck everything.

many thanks
    cabunny :roll:

cabunny, Jan 10, 2009
  4. cabunny

cabunny

update!
    Anthony, on rechecking I realised that on the second page I had missed the @sky bit from my username (it did not copy that over from the first page for some reason) so you were quite right.
    All now restored luckily before I had pulled all my hair out!

thanks for your help
    cabunny :mrgreen:

cabunny, Jan 10, 2009
  5. cabunny

acharris77

No problem, glad that you have now got it sorted. I always did the same thing when I was setting up AOL accounts for people, they require or used to require the full e-mail including the @ bit.

acharris77, Jan 10, 2009
Ask a Question