simpler installation guide Snow Leopard retail dvd WORKS!!!!

Discussion in 'MacOS' started by erikazra, Aug 30, 2009.

1. erikazra

erikazra

1. hookup an external hard drive to a real mac, then install 10.6 onto the external drive.
    2. d/l sl tools
    3. install cham rc3 from the sl tools package. then copy the boot file to the root directory.
    4. install fakesmc.kext with osx86tools and point it to your SL drive
    5 install disabler.kext with osx86tools and point it to your SL drive
    6 boot your aa1 of the external drive
    7 go to http://code.google.com/p/voodoohda/downloads/list and d/l the kext file and use kext helper to load it. restart from the apple menu. BE PATIENT, finder takes a full minute to shut down and it has to do with the new sound driver install so don't force it to shut down.
    8 install "about this mac.mpkg" from the leopard tools
    9 d/l the RealtekR1000.kext from leopard tools and again use kext helper- wait 3 minutes before rebooting (just like step #6)
    10 use kext helper again to install the AppleACPIBatteryManager.kext (wait a couple minute before rebooting-again.
    11 d/l carbon copy cloner to the apps folder
    12 boot the external drive on your aa1
    13 use carbon copy cloner to clone the external to your internal drive (or just install the external into your system).
    14 if your system doesnt boot after cloning it just reinstall cham rc3 and copy the boot file again.
    15. load kexts from 10.5.8 and make your apple.boot.plist file look like this in your library/pref/sysconfig/...
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>boot Graphics</key>
    <string>yes</string>
    <key>Graphics Mode</key>
    <string>1024x600x32</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>

the good thing about cloning the drive is that you can just boot from the external drive and copy over the extensions & Cache folders when something goes wrong so that you dont have to reinstall everything. huge time saver when troubleshooting drivers!

wifi works with the dell 1395 no problems at all!

erikazra, Aug 30, 2009
  2. erikazra

SP1950

Re: simpler installation guide Snow Leopard retail dvd

gfx and sound are definitely working!
    it just need a proper kick!
    you should patch your own gma950 kexts instead (27aepatch.command), and use voodoohda (forget abbout the legacy hda things)
    and keep your hands away from booting with "-f"!

SP1950, Aug 30, 2009
  3. erikazra

erikazra

Can you please post a link to those files?

erikazra, Aug 30, 2009
  4. erikazra

SP1950

I think you can just google them!

SP1950, Aug 31, 2009
  5. erikazra

erikazra

i got the sound to work with the voodoohda kext using kext helper.

my mistake in the past was not waiting long enough for the reboot, i thought the finder froze but it was actually writing files. you just need to be patient and it works like a charm.

now for the video.... please someone just send DETAILED directions for it so i can update my first post so that you dont need to read 24+ pages on the other thread to get Snow Leopard working on your hackintosh nano!

erikazra, Sep 8, 2009
  6. erikazra

erikazra

i tried the 27aePatch.command then repaired disk permissions, then rebooted and it boots with no kp but from the apple boot screen instead of the blue screen ect, it just goes grey. anything else i missed? i read in a thread about needing to edit my graphics efi string?!? is that what i'm missing?

erikazra, Sep 8, 2009
  7. erikazra

yohko101

i have natit.kext loaded on my /extra/extensions aside from the gma950 being patched by the 27aecommand. :D

yohko101, Sep 8, 2009
  8. erikazra

erikazra

i finally tried the kexts from my leopard 10.5.8 again with this in my boot.plist file and it worked!!!

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple Computer//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
    <plist version="1.0">
    <dict>
    <key>Kernel</key>
    <string>mach_kernel</string>
    <key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string></string>
    <key>boot Graphics</key>
    <string>yes</string>
    <key>Graphics Mode</key>
    <string>1024x600x32</string>
    </dict>
    </plist>

erikazra, Sep 8, 2009
  9. erikazra

SP1950

unfortunately i don't have a mac, soi have to do everything in the hacks way ;)
    fakesmc can completely replace dsmos, so you don't need to install dsmos at all
    you should also install the cham2 rc3 instead of the old versions, since rc3 is truely sl-friendly
    and remember to add the efi string!

SP1950, Sep 9, 2009
  10. erikazra

ragle

Googling hasn't shown me the way to "sl tools" yet. I take it OSX86 Tools is not "sl tools". Can someone please provide a link to this or further direction? Thanks!

ragle, Sep 24, 2009
  11. erikazra

semis

semis, Sep 24, 2009
  12. erikazra

ragle

No joy for me. I followed the directions perfectly up to the first booting of the AAO from the external drive. Kernel panic every time "Unsupported CPU" type.

ragle, Sep 24, 2009
  13. erikazra

semis

semis, Sep 24, 2009
  14. erikazra

ragle

My earlier Googling had indeed found me that thread and I tried several times to make it work.

What DID work for me, however, was this: http://code.google.com/p/netbook-installer/

In fact, it was so ridiculously easy, I was convinced it was yet another waste of time, but the install went without a hitch and updating was completely routine, directly from Apple's server. It even installed a touchpad kext which enables limited 2 and 3 finger gestures. Currently working on getting sound and internal networking going. Not sure if the card readers work or not. I had a spare Apple Airport card installed already from my iDeneb days.

ragle, Sep 24, 2009
  15. erikazra

semis

Wow, nice find. =) I am tempted to try it on an EEE 1000H.
    Btw, VoodooHDA should work fine for sound. There are some helpful infos in the comments.

semis, Sep 24, 2009
  16. erikazra

ragle

Unfortunately, those kexts didn't solve the audio and wired networking issues. But I am confident I will soon find what I need. In the meantime, I am enjoying having my Macbook Nano running updateable Snow Leo.

Posting from the Nano now!!

Thanks for everyone's help, btw. I wouldn't have gotten even a tenth as far without everyone's contributions

EDIT

The audio does indeed work with the VoodooHDA kext. The wired networking is still unknown but the machine appears to think something is there, so I will test it more later.

ragle, Sep 25, 2009
Ask a Question