Sick To Death Of Acer Support - Charging Issues

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by tobinuk, Nov 21, 2011.

1. tobinuk

tobinuk

Hi all,

First of all i am new to this forum and im seeking help desperatly!!

I bought an acer aspire one D255 (PAV) netbook for my son last december (a couple of days before christmas) from p.c world and i have lost the receipt since.
    However the computor has been back and forth to Acer after phoning there support due to a charging problem........

Basically everytime the netbook is plugged into charge-up i get a orange light flash (battery icon) when the laptop is plugged in to charge, when i check the battery level in the task bar it states the computor is plugged in, but not charging!

I had received the laptop back last week only to find they did not fix the problem. It started again with hours of signing the UPS delivery note!

On to Acer again!

Sent it off to Acer again last week and got it back again today...... And Guess what....................................... Its doing the same thing!!!!

Every time they state in the repair notes (which the kindly supply on delivery) that the have replaced the D.C output (part charger plugs into)!!!

Im mean..... What the hell are Acer doing!!!!???

The machine has been back 3 times now and if i send it again..... Thats the 4th!!

It seems to me that they are are trying to string out the 1 year warranty until december, then im out of luck!!!

Please can anyone advise me what to do as this is a joke! The netbook has been used for a matter of hours

Do i go to trading standards and are there any other bodies i can go to for help?

Any advice appreciated

tobinuk, Nov 21, 2011
Ask a Question