Shutting Down on Bootup

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by LTCSZ, Aug 26, 2009.

1. LTCSZ

LTCSZ

When I press the power button on my Acer One, the computer begins to boot...It gets to the desktop, the start sound plays, and then the computer just shuts off...This happen on both battery and wall power...Help! Thanks,

Steve

LTCSZ, Aug 26, 2009
  2. LTCSZ

yachtpro

Try this: Remove the battery and the AC power cord from the Acer. Press and hold the Start button for at least 3 seconds. This will drain any remaining juice from all components. Replace the battery and the Ac cord (if you choose) and try it again. If that doesn't work, try "control f8" and come up in the hidden start screen. Navigate to the settings function and find where the choices are to set the function of your start (power) button. Make sure it is set to "turn off computer" and NOT "hibernate" or Restart Computer".

yachtpro, Aug 26, 2009
  3. LTCSZ

LTCSZ

The first method did not work...I can't get to a hideen start screen...I have tried holding down Ctrl and tapping F8 during the boot, but it has no effect...Any advice? Thanks a lot,

Steve

LTCSZ, Aug 26, 2009
  4. LTCSZ

Kerwin

Does your far make a noise at all?
    Feels like it's stuck and forcing a shutdown.

If you search on this forum you will find the solution, a little whack on the case usually gets the fan going again.

Kerwin, Oct 19, 2009
  5. LTCSZ

Grim Squeaker

Variation on yachtpro's suggestion:

1. Remove the battery
    2. Connect to AC power
    3. Boot
    4. Re-insert battery

Grim Squeaker, Oct 19, 2009
Ask a Question