Shut down problem & SD card

Discussion in 'Linux' started by radtek, Sep 23, 2008.

1. radtek

radtek

When I have a SD card in either slot my A1 will hang when I shut down or reboot. I'll have to hit the power button.

Otherwise it mounts or adds to my overall memory respective of what slot the card is in. I did have trouble formatting the card under gparted on my ubuntu lappy. I had to chmod -Rv the disk to delete the files and still I couldn't format it. I tried all of that when I realized the card was partitioned (by a previous owner) and linpus was only realizing half the cards memory. I got full memory use but the shutdown problem... WTF?

I think I may have a root permissions issue that is carrying over from my linux cell-phone

Help...?

radtek, Sep 23, 2008
  2. radtek

jcm

I had a similar shutdown problem/system hang after I had partitioned and formatted a SDHC card in the left hand slot,but discovered that the 8GB SSD with the operating system on it had been formatted to the ext2 file system. I'd formatted my SDHC card to the ext3 file system. So I resolved the problem by formatting the SDHC card to ext2, and then I found that the AAO would shut down and the system worked as normal.

jcm, Sep 23, 2008
  3. radtek

rbil

In any case it's recommended one use ext2 as opposed to ext3 on flash memory because the latter is just ext2 + journalling. Journalling causes much more writing to the flash and theoretically could wear it out sooner.

Cheers.

rbil, Sep 23, 2008
Ask a Question