Should I upgrade my BIOS?

Discussion in 'Modding and Customization' started by Katana, Mar 6, 2009.

1. Katana

Katana

Hello

Recently purchased a Acer Aspire one with 512 ram and 160gb hard drive. Its currently running linpus and has BIOS version 3301.

Would I gain any benifit from upgrading the bios? If I did upgrade with which BIOS version should I use?

Thanks for the advice

Katana, Mar 6, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. Katana

Guest Guest

Theres pretty much no point in upgrading your bios. Theres no worthwhile new bios options and this laptop seems to be pretty flaky when it comes to bios upgrades. When I did mine, it auto shutdown 30seconds after I turned it on. Other people are getting black screens. Sure enough the fix for the bugs aren't too difficult or time consuming but it really shouldn't happen in the first place. I think a lot of people upgrade the bios to count it as a 'mod' more than the actual benefits of flashing.

Guest, Mar 6, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. Katana

Gaer Boy

I'd agree - if you have problems, consider a BIOS upgrade, otherwise leave it as it is. A lot of changes in the BIOS will address problems which your version of the AAO doesn't have.

I'm still on 3114 and having no problems.

Gaer Boy, Mar 6, 2009
  4. Katana

Katana

Hello

Thanks for advice. Thought there might be some benefit by upgrading but if there is no benefit and only possible draw backs I will not do it.

Katana, Mar 8, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question