Should I upgrade my Acer Aspire One to 2 GB RAM?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by Diggy, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Diggy

Diggy

My Acer Aspire One D270 runs a bit slow and I was wondering if I should upgrade its RAM. I tried to uninstall useless software and I installed CCleaner but it still runs slow. By upgradind the RAM will it run faster? Or it will get worse? Any advice is appreciated.

Diggy, Jul 10, 2013
  2. Diggy

Nestone50

Yes, you can upgrade the RAM. In fact, if your OS is Windows Home or above (not Windows 7 Starter) you can upgrade to 4 gigs of RAM. With Starter, you are limited to only 2 gigs that can be used by the OS. There is only one memory slot so, you will need to purchase either a 2 gig or 4 gig RAM module and remove the one gig stick that is already in the laptop. Going from one to 2 gigs of RAM will make a huge difference if you have more than one window open at a time (multi tasking). Taking the laptop apart to get at the RAM slot is a bit tricky. You have to take off the keyboard to get at the screws that hold on the back plate. The RAM slot is under the back plate. Here is a link to a You Tube video showing you how: [ame]
    Be careful not to break any of the plastic tabs that hold the keyboard and back plate into position.

Nestone50, Jul 10, 2013
Ask a Question