Should I get an Macbook?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by steven todorow, Apr 28, 2016.

1. steven todorow

vinaya

I think you should definitely get a macbook. I don't have macbook and I have never owned a Mac, however, I am very interested on Mac computers and laptops. I have not bought Mac just because currently I cannot afford to have a Mac, IF I ever have had the budget, the first thing I will do is get a Mac.

vinaya, Jul 1, 2016
  2. steven todorow

SirJoe

I would hope so, if it was double the cost. Now just imagine if you used the same amount of money that you did with your mac and bought a laptop instead, how much more you wouldn't get out of it.

SirJoe, Jul 1, 2016
  3. steven todorow

steven todorow

yeah and who knows in a year i could hate it and it could have a lot of problems..... but im still an android fanboy, ill never switch back to an iphone and for you it could be opposite

steven todorow, Jul 1, 2016
  4. steven todorow

author33

It's depend on your demand.

author33, Jul 7, 2016
  5. steven todorow

artyarson

As far as I know, it's pretty expensive. So, I'd say it totally depends on the functions you want to be present in your device. How many of them has a regular laptop? How many of them are not present there? Think this way.

artyarson, Jul 7, 2016
  6. steven todorow

Vash

The only chance for me to get a Mac is for the Mac to have
    1. Touchscreen
    2. As light or lighter than a Surface Pro 4
    3. Have detachable keyboard
    and
    4. To get gold color for Air and Pro

Even then, I might still prefer Windows as OS since I have been using it since late 1990s.

The difference was made when you said "my old laptop". Yes, that "old" is the reason why your "new" Macbook is faster. If you keep using your Macbook for another several years, then get a new windows based computer you will feel the same way. Newer hardware will always beat the old hardware.

Vash, Jul 7, 2016
  7. steven todorow

emmaruthnagano

Mac Book is one of the best laptops out there. It's not because of the brand but it is really fast and you won't experience any lagging. However, it really depends where are you going to use it for. Mac Book are for the people who are in the industry of art such as music and graphic arts. If you're more of a research and documents, you should consider other laptops.

emmaruthnagano, Jul 11, 2016
  8. steven todorow

Fuzyon

Well you've probably made your choice already but I would recommend a Macbook only for business or progarmming purposes, otherwise it's not worth the extra money for having OSX and a bit apple on the back of your laptop, plus it's hard to upgrade it as well.

Fuzyon, Jul 16, 2016
  9. steven todorow

nytegeek

I would have to say no. Unless you are in a very specific niche due to business or educational requirements there is no justification to spend money on a macbook.

nytegeek, Jul 16, 2016
  10. steven todorow

rz3300

Well I would say that they come highly recommended, and while I do not currently have one I have always had my eye on one and have wanted to get one. Of course the issue is, though, like a lot of other people they are just too expensive for me. If you have that money available though and you intend to use it a lot so you can get that money's worth, then by all means go for it is what I say.

rz3300, Jul 16, 2016
  11. steven todorow

vinaya

I also hold a similar view regarding Mac computers. Probably, Mac is the best computer in the market, however, there are also many good laptop brands. If your requirements are simple, you don't have to spend too much on a laptop. Go for Mac only of you want to do specialized work.

vinaya, Jul 16, 2016
  12. steven todorow

cecejailer

In my opinion, no, because I think everyone should have Windows computers, as they're the most common, arguably the best and all software runs on it. Most games are available for Windows and not for MacBook (I can't remember what the name of the actual OS is). I think Windows is being better developed and this is the same difference between Android phones and iPhones: iOS is really closed down and you're not really allowed to actually personalize your phone, while Android makes you the absolute owner of your phone to the point you can change absolutely everything and make it better to your preferences.

cecejailer, Jul 16, 2016
Ask a Question