Should I buy it now?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by secur0m, Aug 20, 2008.

1. secur0m

secur0m

I was thinking of getting this Acer Aspire One at S$675 (approx 477 USD). It comes with Windows XP, 120GB HDD, 1GB RAM, 6-Cell Battery with free a wireless mouse and a 4GB SD Card thrown-in.

But I am thinking if I should get it (with the Lenovo S10 and Dell Mini just 'round the corner)

What do you think? Should I wait for the Lenovo S10 and the Dell Mini?

Or should I just get it now cos of its attractive price?

secur0m, Aug 20, 2008
  2. secur0m

gbee

If you have any doubts then you should wait. I'm sure there will be far more attractive machines than the Lenovo S9/S10 coming down the pipeline in the next six months.

gbee, Aug 20, 2008
  3. secur0m

Raido

I would wait just a little while, at least untill the Dell E comes out, and then make a choice.

If the One, in principle, does what you'd want it to do though, I wouldn't put that choice off fovever. For what it's worth, I think it's a nice little machine, and I guess most who own it now would generally agree. It certainly hasn't grown a bad rep so far.

Raido, Aug 20, 2008
  4. secur0m

lotus49

A lot of it comes down to how much an investment this is for you.

A friend of mine bought a One on impulse knowing little about it. He likes shiny gadgets and the salesman put on a good show. £230 isn't really a big deal to him and if he doesn't like it he'll probably just buy something else and not worry about it too much.

However, if this is your one gadget this year, then I would think carefully about waiting for a bit. The UMPC/Small Cheap Computer/netbook/laptot is a new but flourishing niche. There are bound to be even more mouth-watering machines in six months. Having said that, you don't want to end up like the donkey in Aesop's fable that can't choose between two piles of hay and starves to death ;) .

I have taken the plunge with the One but I dare say when the first full resolution widescreen laptots appear, I'll be making excuses to my wife as to why I need to add to the 15 computers we already have in the house.

lotus49, Aug 20, 2008
Ask a Question