Should I buy a Mac?

Discussion in 'Which Laptop should I buy?' started by Humble, Jan 16, 2016.

1. Humble

Humble

I have been a PC user for a long time and most of the computers I've had continue to have problems. I was thinking about buying a Mac but I wanted to hear the advantages from some Mac users first.

Humble, Jan 16, 2016
  2. Humble

IcyBC

I am a Window user all my life, but I received MacBook Air in June. I was frustrated in the first two days during setup and download, but after that, it functions the same ways as Window. I am just a minimal user, no download, no gaming, no programing, but I love the fact that it turns on and off in a flash; so is with the loading time of the webpage.

It's up to you! Go play with it in the store a bit, and talk to the tech about your concerns, and then you can make your decision there.

IcyBC, Jan 16, 2016
  3. Humble

ElendilE

A mac has its own problems. It runs a highly restrictive kind of OS, so essentially you have to install software that are specifically compatible with Mac. And while most essential software come in a Mac Compatible version, a lot of them don't. As are a lot of video games. Basically, once you start using a Mac, you have to either use it minimally or adjust your actions that solely revolves around the Mac itself, constantly checking for Mac compatible software and services etc. Once you've made yourself comfortable, though, using a Mac is one of the most satisfying experiences with a computer you can have.

ElendilE, Jan 19, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  4. Humble

Krissttina Isobe

:oops:From what I experience with computers I like both, except that Mac you have different set up and programs from the rest of the computers. But we all adapt when the computers are fast like IcyBC we learn fast. The thing is to have good protection for your computers then they'll all work good. Plus it's what you can afford for computers, maintenance and the format to do what you want to do with your computers. Mac stores gives you the chance to fiddle with it and so do other stores like Walmart. So maybe it's a good idea to fiddle with it and see how you feel about the computers too. Then it's all security programs to make your computer run fast and good. Good luck in getting your new computer...get what you want though.:)

Krissttina Isobe, Jan 19, 2016
    IcyBC likes this.
  5. Humble

coolyfrost

This question really depends on some things.
    1. Are you a gamer? If so, most games are guaranteed not to work on OSX, so I wouldn't recommend switching.
    2. Do you use a lot of programs which are beneficial to your personal/work life? If so, make sure to do enough research in order to make sure that you will be able to run any program that you want.
    3. Do you just want to browse the internet and view media content and are willing to pay an extra amount of cash for the premium? Then sure, buy a Mac, but make sure it has everything you want and need from your daily life.

coolyfrost, Jan 22, 2016
  6. Humble

Lun

There really aren't that many advantages to the average user, other than the fact that OSX doesn't get as many games ported to it, but on the software side you're probably going to be fine.

Lun, Jan 23, 2016
Ask a Question