Shortage of Acer Aspire ones???

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by lindastolz, Oct 6, 2008.

1. lindastolz

lindastolz

Why is it that when you finally go to the store, all set to part with some hard earned dollars, that the thing you want is sold out??? Such is the case with me and the XP/HD version of the Aspire One. I cant find one in stock anywhere.

This is driving me nuts... and also making me wonder? is it hard to find because its so popular, or because it has a problem and is going to be discontinued? Staples told me that is had a XXX code on thier system now, which means its going to be going bye-bye? any inside information, anyone???

lindastolz, Oct 6, 2008
  2. lindastolz

dattaway

Microcenter has a store down the street from me. They had a few hundred, but are only doing in store pickup only because of demand. A few days later, sold out. "We should get more in a few weeks..."

dattaway, Oct 6, 2008
  3. lindastolz

macles

Take a look here.

macles, Oct 6, 2008
  4. lindastolz

lindastolz

oh dear. I suppose that might make me give up, but you know it will have the opposite effect and I will be looking under every rock for MY Aspire One.

lindastolz, Oct 6, 2008
  5. lindastolz

scottro

It looks like they'll be a bit more readily available in late October. Of course, by then, they might all be accounted for by pre-orders. :)

There's a long running thread on Amazon. As people gradually either acquire one or give up and go for the Asus 901 or 1000, the number of people watching the thread has decreased from about 42 to 30.

scottro, Oct 6, 2008
  6. lindastolz

jcos

I bought mine at Fry's in Austin,TX less than a week ago. They had a few left. Best Buy is sold out and no idea when they will be getting more. Good luck in you search.

jcos, Oct 6, 2008
  7. lindastolz

nchntr

I found them at Microcenter, they were store pickup only. Later that week (fri before last) they were available online. Thats when I got mine ;) $369 shipped. I ordered late fri nite, went out Mon evening I had by thurs noon time. Went from PA to FL. I was a little disappointed as there were 200+ in GA and they shipped from PA.

nchntr, Oct 7, 2008
  8. lindastolz

crcornelison

Just ordered another one from Newegg. It was here in three days and works great! AOA150-1006..They have it!

Also, you can upgrade the SATA Hard Drive tp 500GB and memory to total 1.5GB SODIMM.

Too easy!

V/r

crcornelison, Oct 7, 2008
  9. lindastolz

Guest Guest

Guest, Oct 7, 2008
  10. lindastolz

lindastolz

ok, I have a good chance of getting one today.. Best Buy got 13 in late last night, and the website says my store has stock (LOVE that feature, as the store is in the next town!). I am on Vancouver Island, BC, Canada.

Wish me luck!!!

Linda

lindastolz, Oct 7, 2008
  11. lindastolz

adriana

Have you checked CDW? I ordered mine about 10 days ago and had it in hand less than a week later.

I love it! Be sure to go for the 6 cell battery.

Adriana

adriana, Oct 8, 2008
  12. lindastolz

lindastolz

Got it! What a sweet little machine this is! Best Buy got 13 of them last night at my local store.

I could not find a 6 cell anywhere in my area, so I am putting Plan B in place.. bought the 3 cell and will order a second 6cell from the internet.

Then I will truly be "Good to go".

lindastolz, Oct 8, 2008
  13. lindastolz

hb103

Re: Wanted- Pink 160GB + 6 Cell battery

Hello,
    I've been looking for a PINK AAO with 160GB + 6 Cell battery.
    Does this exist? Anyone know where I can locate it?
    Help!
    my laptop crashed and I need something portable very soon.

hb103, Oct 8, 2008
Ask a Question