setup usb recovery disk

Discussion in 'Linux' started by celticbhoy, Nov 30, 2008.

1. celticbhoy

celticbhoy

Looking for some help here, I set my window manager to the xfce4 desktop using instructions on this forum and all went fine. I then foolishly installed an interace switching app (again from this forum) only to make a mess of things (thew app was meant to be installed on the base system only - just didn't read ahead). I now want to re-install my base system, but when I try to make a USB recovery disk from the CD it comes up with an error and wipes the partition table from the second hard disk on my desktop system running a dual boot with vista and Ubuntu. What I would like to know is exactly how to use the cd feature to set up a recovery USB disk, and what if any hardware requirements are used, ie a system with only a single chanel ide setup.

any help given will be appreciated as I can no longer access the internet through my One.

celticbhoy, Nov 30, 2008
  2. celticbhoy

rbil

Use a computer that has only 1 hard drive in it, or else disconnect the hard drives physically within the computer before creating a flash key from the DVD recovery disk.

Cheers.

rbil, Nov 30, 2008
Ask a Question