Settings up laptop with two external displays

Discussion in 'Laptop General Discussion' started by nrusev, Nov 11, 2021.

1. nrusev

nrusev

Hello!

My first time around this forum :)

I have an Asus TUF A15, and in my job it's highly recommended to use two displays. I want to use two external monitors, since some programs I use do not support high DPI displays and are blurry on my laptop's screen so I rely entirely on 1080p external monitors.

My laptop has one HDMI port and one USB-C with display support. My problem is that the display I connect in the HDMI port goes through my onboard graphics, but the display I connect in the USB port goes through my dedicated RTX 2060 card.

upload_2021-11-11_11-49-6.png

This unfortunately causes some minor differences in the colors, vibrance, contrast, etc and no matter how much tweak them in the Nvidia Control Panel and display settings I just can't get them 100% right and my OCD is killing me.

Not to mention there will probably be some difference from the cable as well... :D

Do you guys know if there is some way to maybe redirect both displays on the same GPU, or some other way of calibrating this situation?

EDIT: Also I'm aware of HDMI splitters, but since I don't have one I wanted to try first with what I have available.

EDIT 2: Forgot to mention I'm running Windows 10. Both monitors are Dell P2419H

Thanks for reading!

Last edited: Nov 11, 2021
    nrusev, Nov 11, 2021
Ask a Question