Setting up a VPN connection to Windows server?

Discussion in 'Networking' started by callmeishmael, Jul 22, 2008.

1. callmeishmael

callmeishmael

Hi,
    I installed the rdesktop client, and as long I'm connected in my office LAN I'm able to connet to remote clients.
    I'd like to to the same when I'm out of office, using a VPN connection. In a different PC (Ubuntu 8.04) I just installed the VPN plugin of the network manager (gnome), and again everything went perfect: I just specdified server, user, password.
    Anyone knows how to do the same with the Aspire One Linpus OS? I've seen some VPN related stuff in the package manager, but I'm not sure about the correct steps to follow, having the minimal impact on the preinstalled OS.
    A gui tool would be perfect but even a commandline it's ok.

Thank, Ishmael

callmeishmael, Jul 22, 2008
  2. callmeishmael

Davidcowling

GCWCF are awesome.

in response, i use hamachi for all my VPN needs, it uses a real easy GUI and is immense for gaming and sharing alike

Davidcowling, Jul 22, 2008
  3. callmeishmael

Sid

Am I right in assuming I need to download the console version of hamachi and then the gui ghamachi ?

Do I need to become a linux prop' head or will the Linpus RPM system do the work for me?

No offence intended ;)

Sid, Jul 22, 2008
  4. callmeishmael

Davidcowling

sorry, i have no idea about linux...

i just setup the hamachi client on each applicable pc and all log into the same network (network setup via the client)

Davidcowling, Jul 23, 2008
Ask a Question