Seriously, any reports of burnt motherboards?

Discussion in 'Acer Aspire One' started by tenashus1, Sep 4, 2008.

1. tenashus1

tenashus1

I read on another website that a fellow from Portugal was writing that many AA1 computers were being sent back with burnt motherboards. I don't want to upset anyone, but just want to know if anyone else has heard of such a thing happening. I hope it's not true. :)

tenashus1, Sep 4, 2008
  2. tenashus1

clevin

i doubt the fella knows more than we do, I still think its famous 3114 BIOS problem got exaggerated.

clevin, Sep 4, 2008
  3. tenashus1

tenashus1

What is the 3114 BIOS issue?

tenashus1, Sep 4, 2008
  4. tenashus1

epgdurand

Hi
    I had the black screen issue 2 weeks ago and a this time did not know about the recovery bios procedure.
    Sent back the A1 to Acer Service.
    I will have it back today.
    According to them they did change the MB. I dont know if they really did it or if they told me that they have to change the MB to make me wait.
    I am in Indonesia and service (as you don't pay) is not really their first priority I assume.
    I was a WIN XP 1 GB upgraded to 1.5 GB by acer 6 cells and the new bios.
    I have the linux one as well old bios and did not get any issue with this one so far.

epgdurand, Sep 4, 2008
  5. tenashus1

cweather

My A150 stopped booting (no bios screen or anything) after a week of use- the retailer I bought it from just swapped it for another one.

cweather, Sep 4, 2008
  6. tenashus1

ryoo818

Not sure if it relates to this, but my A150 would turn off a minute or two after turned on. Acer's tech support was convinced that either the motherboard or power supply was damaged.

ryoo818, Sep 5, 2008
Ask a Question