Sending Emails through a different server.

Discussion in 'Networking' started by V6Jim, Jul 31, 2009.

1. V6Jim

V6Jim

'Login failed due to network instability. Please try again later.'

I'm getting this message when I try and send Emails from a third party WiFi connection. I can receive Emails OK and access the internet OK but sending Emails is a no no.

I have deactivated the SSL setting but still no joy.

Can anybody help? I'm on holiday in the Caribbean and want to annoy lots of people in GB with some stunning pictures of this place!!

Any help much appreciated...Muchos Gracias! :D

Jimmy

V6Jim, Jul 31, 2009
  2. V6Jim

Rich in ILM

My guess is the WiFi service is blocking SMTP default port 25.
    See if your E_Mail provider has alternate ports for SMTP send mail service. or use webmail?

Rich in ILM, Jul 31, 2009
  3. V6Jim

adrianaitken

Unfortuneately Jimmy it's serious. Please buy me a plane ticket to get there right away and I'll see what I can do onsite :D :D :D :D

adrianaitken, Aug 3, 2009
  4. V6Jim

V6Jim

Your darned right it's serious! The WiFi in the room has failed now also, so I'm sorry Adrian, now that I've got online again it's too late to get you here!

I asked the folks at the Hotel here for a port number for outgoing Emails and the just looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language! Which of course, I was..... Anyway, no joy there I'm afraid. There has to be a better solution. I can't go continually finding port numbers every time I'm using 3rd party WiFi.....

Anybody elsee had this problem?

Regards,

Now nicely tanned,
    Jimmy.

V6Jim, Aug 6, 2009
  5. V6Jim

Rich in ILM

Jimmy,

It's not the hotel it's whoever you use for your mail. For instance here is who I use and an explanation,,

You need to know what alternate ports your MAIL PROVIDER offers. You then chang to those in your E_Mail climate and you will be good to go no matter where you are.

FAQ # 35: My ISP is blocking SMTP Port 25, does Newsguy offer an alternate SMTP port?

Many ISP's block Port 25, the default port used to send mail. For those members whose ISP's block Port 25, please enter Port 8025 or Port 587 in your email software's SMTP setting.
    Back to FAQ Index

FAQ # 36: Does Newsguy offer an alternate POP port?

If you're experiencing problems with your ISP blocking the default port used to receive mail, please change the POP setting in your email software to Port 8100.

Rich in ILM, Aug 6, 2009
  6. V6Jim

V6Jim

The Email works fine at home with my WiFi connection on the default port 25. Is it possible this port doesn't work only with third part WiFi? I'm with Tiscali if that's a help?

Jimmy

V6Jim, Aug 7, 2009
  7. V6Jim

Rich in ILM

Jimmy,

Let me try it once more. Your ISP at home doesn't block port 25. Your ISP where you are does.
    You need to find out if your E_MAIL provider offers alternative ports because your current WiFi provider isn't letting you access port 25.
    Or, does your E_Mail provider offer webmail?

Rich in ILM, Aug 8, 2009
  8. V6Jim

V6Jim

Thanks Rich. You've got it exactly. I'll check with Tiscali if they have alternative port numbers, I'll let you know how it goes....

Jimmy

V6Jim, Aug 8, 2009
Ask a Question