SDHC Not Recognized - Talk about dumb!

Discussion in 'Linux' started by patrickscott, Dec 21, 2008.

1. patrickscott

patrickscott

I have just had my AA1 for 4-5 days. I am a total Linux Newbie.

Yesterday, I received my 8GB SDHC card, installed it in the Storage Expansion slot and checked the storage size: 8GB. I installed it repeatedly to no avail. AA1would always recognize it in the right slot but never in the left one (i.e., it would always show 8GB). :?: :evil:

Today, I checked again... and My Disk shows 10.5 GB free of 13.9 GB!

What happened between today and yesterday?

Yesterday, when looking for the new drive & storage size, I looked in System>System which shows only the SSD drive.
    Today, when looking for the new drive & storage size, I looked in File Manager which shows a combination of the SSD Hard drive (My Disk) and the SDHC card. I now see a beautiful total of 13.9 GB. :D

Talk about feeling dumb... but it's a happy dumb. :oops: :D

By the way, in the File Manager, if you select View>View as Advanced Mode, you will see both the My Disk and the SD/MMC Drive, allowing you to see the available space in both drives.

Have a Great Holiday Season.

patrickscott, Dec 21, 2008
  2. patrickscott

donec

I no longer run Linpus but maybe what happen was you rebooted with the SDHC in the left slot and then it saw the SD card.

donec, Dec 21, 2008
  3. patrickscott

RockDoctor

I suspect that's what he experienced. It's too bad Acer doesn't include an obviously accessible manual - what's a *nix forum of any sort without a bunch of RTFM comments?

RockDoctor, Dec 22, 2008
Ask a Question