sdd and sdhc in left slot not merging (limpus os)

Discussion in 'Linux' started by albertajake, Apr 29, 2009.

1. albertajake

albertajake

I have modified my desktop to be the xfce desktop. My networking was not engaging, but has since seemed to work. I have not yet tried it, but the manager comes up upon boot. My question is that somehow, I seem to have disabled the Auf program, to "merge" the 8 gig ssd, and a Kingston 8 gig sdhc. I have read a number of the comments, but I have not found the answers. Just to indicate, I am a relative noob in Linux. I used to do some Fortran77, and basic programing, but my major experience was back with dos and windoze 3.1

Thanks in advance!

John

albertajake, Apr 29, 2009
  2. albertajake

solpuerto

Hi albertajake

How do you know the the SSD and the SD card are not creating a merged directory? When you have File Manager open select View on the top menu then Side Pane and tick Shortcuts. Do you see My disc with about 16GB?

solpuerto, Apr 29, 2009
  3. albertajake

albertajake

Hello Solpuerto

Thanks for responding to my query. I know I have not gotten a merged ssd / sdhc because they are listed separately, and there is no total memory given. I did some more searching, and through some rabbit trails, I found the following fix by Tybor. I used this link, added the killThunar, and the system now works as advertised. viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4931

Again, thanks for your response, and I have really appreciated your imput through the forums. You sure have helped in the area of memory cards!

John

albertajake, Apr 30, 2009
  4. albertajake

solpuerto

Hi albertajake

Glad you got it fixed and also prompted my memory, I had to do that when I changed my desktop. Seems such a long time ago.

solpuerto, Apr 30, 2009
Ask a Question